Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectfor those who play the guitar...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=21801
21801, for those who play the guitar...
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what are your favorite songs to play?

just lookin to play some new stuff that i may not have thought of.
21807, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by EvMan2345, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No Stairway? DENIED!

sorry... I had to...

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com
21809, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by cc8balla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
On acoustic or electric?

Dunno, to me that makes a difference on the music I play.
21810, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by RSClipse9d7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Free bird
21811, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by ez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
typically I pick up the electric, play the parts I can remember from "under the bridge", and put it back to collect dust for another two months. the acoustic is for freestyling
21812, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by SonicYan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RSClipse9d7
Free bird

21896, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by EcLIpsInEmCEe7, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have an acoustic...i havent gotten around to buyin an electric
21967, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by bono316, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Chopsticks. lol j/k
Look up Andreas Segovia, or his most successful student, John Williams (the dude that scored all the Star Wars movies) - really awesome classical music for acoustic guitar. Are you steel or nylon string?

<> <> <>

1998 Eclipse GS
2005 Yamaha YZF R1
21973, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Originally posted by bono316
Chopsticks. lol j/k Look up Andreas Segovia, or his most successful student, John Williams (the dude that scored all the Star Wars movies) - really awesome classical music for acoustic guitar. Are you steel or nylon string?

Steel. I play anything that comes to mind, I just learned Soco Amaretto Lime by Brand New. Easy song to play.
21980, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tenacious D stuff is pretty cool to play lol.
21995, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by 97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cc8balla
Originally posted by bono316 Chopsticks. lol j/k Look up Andreas Segovia, or his most successful student, John Williams (the dude that scored all the Star Wars movies) - really awesome classical music for acoustic guitar. Are you steel or nylon string?
Steel. I play anything that comes to mind, I just learned Soco Amaretto Lime by Brand New. Easy song to play.

i cannot find the correct tabs for that song for the life of me. all the ones on websites ive found were wrong. i tried watching a video of him playing it on youtube but im not good enough to figure out exactly what he's doing.
21997, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by flamineclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Mouth for War: Pantera
Mayonaise: Smashing Pumpkins
Bleed for You: Black Label Society

Oh, you don't like altezza's? Too bad, your gonna get a good look at mine.
22008, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by BumpinTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Runes to my Memory - Amon Amarth
The Heaviest Matter of the Universe - Gojira
Love - Strapping Young Lad
Colony of Birchmen - Mastodon
11th Hour - Lamb of God
Laid to Rest - Lamb of God
Hourglass - Lamb of God
Ashes of the Wake - Lamb of God
Blood of the Scribe - Lamb of God
Redneck - Lamb of God
Forgotten (Lost Angels) - Lamb of God

Lamb of God is the most fun shit to play on guitar ever. Those guys riff soooo hard
22009, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by vegasdsmr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nothing else matters- metallica......

bitches
22010, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by eclipzGST, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
4:20 Polka - Leftover Salmon ;)
22011, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by Weezle745, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/top/top100.htm
22016, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by 992gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Lamb of God FTW. Mark and Willy are fuckin crazy, I love playin that stuff. I'm starting to write my own music again for the first time in over 20 years. Gonna take a stab at the band thing too. ;)

22017, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Originally posted by 97RS
Originally posted by cc8balla
Originally posted by bono316 Chopsticks. lol j/k Look up Andreas Segovia, or his most successful student, John Williams (the dude that scored all the Star Wars movies) - really awesome classical music for acoustic guitar. Are you steel or nylon string?
i cannot find the correct tabs for that song for the life of me. all the ones on websites ive found were wrong. i tried watching a video of him playing it on youtube but im not good enough to figure out exactly what he's doing.

Ultimate-Guitar is about the only site that will let tabs stay up, cause its a Russian site, all the American sites have to be politically correct and take theirs down, due to "copyright" issues.

Ulitmate-Guitar's is pretty close, and I just figgered it out by listening to it.
22035, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by 97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah but the one on ultimate guitar isnt correct. thats not how he plays it live. look for the vid on youtube and tab it out haha
22037, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I play alot of soulful riffs on my acoustic.

But, as far as electric, my friend plays his PRS to alot of A7X and Killswitch Engage, Muse, etc. Fun stuff to play,
22038, RE: for those who play the guitar...
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Im still in the learning phase, but i've had an electric, and an acoustic for years..I actually just picked up an Ibanez acoustic/electric on sale..its the AEG20EVV model, and man it's nice! I've always liked the acoustic sound more than anything, so thats what i play mostly. I've been learning tabs for all kinds of music really..

Matchbox20
Third eye blind
Poison
GnR
BNL
Oasis
Lifehouse
and others i'm not thinking about now...I find it amazing how many songs use the same chords, just in different order, strumming, tempo, tunning, ect..it's pretty fun to learn and play though :) Maybe we should have all the guitar players bring em on out to the Shootout this year! Sing songs by the beer trash can haha
I generated this page in 0.014544010162354 seconds, executing 7 queries.