Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectWho will come out on top February 5th?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=2122
2122, Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by cougar694u, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Sorry, no 'for the H/T show' or 'for the commercials' options here.

I don't want any arguments for or against any team, no crap, just vote and post who you voted for. If you want, maybe even post a spread.

For instance:
Pittsburgh by either a safety for a field goal. (yes, this is what I believe)

Poll question: Who will come out on top February 5th?

Poll result (17 votes)
Seattle (6 votes)Vote
Pittsburgh (11 votes)Vote

2161, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pittsburgh by a mile.

Edit: 24-14.
2266, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by Nine5eclipse03, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you guys are rediculous... The pittsburg defence is decent, but they wont be able to stop mack strong and alexander. I'm sure it will be a high point game for both teams, but seahawks will come out on top.
2305, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Da Bears!
2309, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SILVERNT
Da Bears!

lol
2350, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Originally posted by SILVERNT
Da Cowboys!

Fixed.
2543, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Originally posted by dsmmyth
Pittsburgh by a mile. Edit: 24-14.

You weren't far off, 7 points total. I was 8 points off, as I figured it would have been won by a field goal. The Bus is no longer in service...
2566, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
superbowl sucked.
2567, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yeah but the powerfailure that started during the crappy concert and lasted through most of the 3rd quarter was pretty funny.
2568, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by 96rs-t, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my guess, it was a publicity stunt to compete with last year.
2589, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
That half time show blew so hard that the mic didn't even want to work. It was pretty sad.

Even the commercials were kinda crappy.
2596, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by ScreaminE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm thinkin Steelers.
2597, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
even though i hate both teams, i bet money on the Steelers. And that is why i came home from work with over $500 in pool/bet money
2642, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
If I had bet on the Steelers, they would have lost, so I abstained from betting.

I ran a numbers sheet last year, my dad won $100, my 5 y/o daughter won $100, and the rest were co-workers.

My current workplace wouldn't allow it, though.
2645, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Lets give it up for the SuperBowl MVP, the REFS!!! Such horseshit calls. Also, the mic cut out during halftime show, because they already talked to jagger about it. Some of the lyrics in his songs werent "family oriented" so they told him that he could sing the lyrics, but they would turn the mic down for two seconds each time, the story is on yahoo news.
2653, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
There was only 1 call I felt was bad, where the seattle receiver pushed off in the end zone. Even then, that would have made the score 21-17. He did push off, you can see the defender have to adjust his weight, but it was very minimal and I don't think it deserved the flag. None the less, he did push off.

There are winners, there are losers. Seattle played and lost, had it have been Pittsburgh I wouldn't be here crying about it.

Or maybe it's because you said:
Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
you guys are rediculous... The pittsburg defence is decent, but they wont be able to stop mack strong and alexander. I'm sure it will be a high point game for both teams, but seahawks will come out on top.
and were wrong.
2655, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
SO you are saying when rothlisberger or whatever fell a foot short of the touchdown, then stretched his arms out over the inzone after already falling short, and the ref changed his decision to touchdown, that was the right call? It shouldnt have been 21-17, it should have been 14-17.
2686, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by Kaoz78, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hell how about them penalizing Hasselbeck on a legal tackle on that runback? Or maybe when one of Seattle's recievers caught the ball and the ball crossed the plane yet they said he was out of bounds?

I personally felt like it was the League's way of making up the Steelers for almost giving Indy the win a few weeks before.
2711, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Originally posted by Nine5eclipse03
SO you are saying when rothlisberger or whatever fell a foot short of the touchdown, then stretched his arms out over the inzone after already falling short, and the ref changed his decision to touchdown, that was the right call? It shouldnt have been 21-17, it should have been 14-17.
You could clearly see that when he first dove the wrist band on his right arm (that was holding the ball) crossed the plain of the end zone. All the ball has to do is touch that first part of that white line and it's a TD. He was knocked back in mid-air, but since the ball crossed the plain, that's all that mattered.

Originally posted by Kaoz78
Hell how about them penalizing Hasselbeck on a legal tackle on that runback? Or maybe when one of Seattle's recievers caught the ball and the ball crossed the plane yet they said he was out of bounds? I personally felt like it was the League's way of making up the Steelers for almost giving Indy the win a few weeks before.
They didn't call it against him trying to tackle the one running with the ball, you can't 'chop block' someone running with the ball. They called it because as he dove for the that guy he chop blocked a blocker. I do agree with you, though, that was also a crappy call. However, it wouldn't have affected the outcome of the game.
2867, RE: Who will come out on top February 5th?
Posted by Kaoz78, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just wonder what ever happened to the " Let em' Play " Mentality. I was sick of seeing flags.
I generated this page in 0.013108015060425 seconds, executing 9 queries.