Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectNitrous for your R/C car!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=1396
1396, Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by wickedtalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I want one! thats cool!

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/rc_n2o.htm
1401, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I don't need nitrous on mine. It's electric :P
1407, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Blizare
I don't need nitrous on mine. It's electric :P

Thomas Knight has you covered. :P
1410, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by SILVERNT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
butane has been proven to yield the same power increases as nitrous oxide in nitro-powered rc cars. i had a HPI-nitro car and i rigged up butane injection. It started out with a top speed of ~80mph after the butane, it hit about ~105mph. and we did use my friends dads radar gun (his dad is a cop)

2 weeks later i used a little bit more butane, lost control, and it shattered against a brick wall. that was the end of that hobby
1416, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SILVERNT
2 weeks later i used a little bit more butane, lost control, and it shattered against a brick wall. that was the end of that hobby

sounds like most relationships. LOL
1450, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by Hult250R, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by micyek
Originally posted by SILVERNT 2 weeks later i used a little bit more butane, lost control, and it shattered against a brick wall. that was the end of that hobby
sounds like most relationships. LOL

HAHA!! sooo true

Thanks for the new sig :P
1573, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by DarkTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SILVERNT
butane has been proven to yield the same power increases as nitrous oxide in nitro-powered rc cars. i had a HPI-nitro car and i rigged up butane injection. It started out with a top speed of ~80mph after the butane, it hit about ~105mph. and we did use my friends dads radar gun (his dad is a cop) 2 weeks later i used a little bit more butane, lost control, and it shattered against a brick wall. that was the end of that hobby

You should have recorded that, you do know the world record for RC is 111mph right(and it's not even a nitro car)? Telling someone you've went 105mph in an RC without proof is like saying you run 10s in an all motor 2GNT to those that are heavily experienced in it...so... tell me what kind of HPI it was and what kind of hop ups you had, and I might believe you :P I've hit 85 reliably in my old HPI... and it wasn't an easy, or cheap task....and I'm not giving away until I hear yours, since it'd be too easy to lie about :P

and if you don't believe I know RCs, here's some food for thought for you, i've built 'em for 6 years, and raced them for 8, I currently own 3 nitros(2 on-road, one Rally(mmm,EvoVII) ), 5 electric cars, and one electric 3D helicopter :)

and you dont even have to reply here to tell me what your car had, just catch me on aim, i'm nearly always on :)

EDIT: Also, nitrous and Butane are decent ways to make power in a Nitro car, but there's also ways of getting that speed without them, since you save a bit of weight without it...
also..here's how the current record happened....

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/need_speed.asp
1415, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by Blizare, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by Blizare I don't need nitrous on mine. It's electric :P
Thomas Knight has you covered. :P

pfff.

I think that might screw with the power/weight ratio.
1705, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by BlackMagic, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
my friend made his own little nitrous kit, it was pretty cool, designed it on cad
1793, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by DarkTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I did see something floating around a long while back where someone fabricated a working turbo system for an RC car including an intercooler... I wish I could have seen inside that teeeny turbo though...
1834, RE: Nitrous for your R/C car!
Posted by Keith2172, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And as if nitrous wasn't enough to think about;

http://www.microsquirt.info/

discuss
I generated this page in 0.011416912078857 seconds, executing 7 queries.