Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectI need a good free anti spyware program
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=12297
12297, I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by QC DSM ESiT, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need a good free anti spyware program but have no idea which one is a good one. I'm hoping you guys might be able to suggest one. Thanks in advance guys.
12298, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by dsmmyth, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
www.lavasoft.com

Ad-Aware.
12301, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by MiztahfooLish, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've been running my home network for 4 years with this:

http://www.grisoft.com

AVG Anti-Virus Free Home Edition

12308, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by whodatt1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Use Spybot Search and Destroy and also use adaware product. they don't like each other and give you warnings, but they each find different things. use them both and you should be good.
12326, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by thedawg, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=435BFCE7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en
12340, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by cc8balla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Windows Defender is about the best you can get. I had it when it was MS Anti-Spyware, which was beta testing for Defender. And it is excellent. That would be my choice.
12342, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I need to download one of these for my mother's computer. She's got an old e-machines computer with a 2.0 processor and like 128 ram and a 40 gig hd. But my brother has downloaded so much crap that it takes three days to pull up the internet. I think it's got every virus out there. Will one of these programs take care of all that crap and speed it back up?
12364, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by MCubed45, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by WIDECLIPSE
I need to download one of these for my mother's computer. She's got an old e-machines computer with a 2.0 processor and like 128 ram and a 40 gig hd. But my brother has downloaded so much crap that it takes three days to pull up the internet. I think it's got every virus out there. Will one of these programs take care of all that crap and speed it back up?

if it's too far gone it might be easier to backup your important files and just do a reformat + clean OS install. then install the anti-spy/adware stuff as preventive maintenance.
12368, RE: I need a good free anti spyware program
Posted by WIDECLIPSE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by MCubed45
if it's too far gone it might be easier to backup your important files and just do a reformat + clean OS install. then install the anti-spy/adware stuff as preventive maintenance.

uh-huh. backup files, reformat, and install anti spy, got it.

Um, how do you do that? Yes I'm a computer noo0b, but this might be good info for others like me that just know enough to get by.

I generated this page in 0.01372504234314 seconds, executing 7 queries.