Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Gulf Coast Oil Spill *Update*
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=44470&mesg_id=44558
44558, RE: Gulf Coast Oil Spill *Update*
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Fallen4ng31
Originally posted by whtclipse98 Really quick off topic, ever notice that 97AllMtr chimes in with some attempt at a political/philosophical post. Back on topic, its gonna take months to get cleaned up but it will take years before any of the wildlife refuges will be ok. Over 600 animals have died and over 200 are covered in oil and struggling to survive. The EPA and Government had no clue where to start and that is sad and disappointing. BP is supposed to be compensating all the businesses and fishermen affected by this and the government stated that it is going to make sure that they are compensated properly. I can tell you that the tourism in my area is shot because of this.
Easy, everyone is entitled to an opinion; whether you or I, or anyone else for that matter; like(s) it or not is beside the point. Ours is taking a down turn as well. Several beaches will soon be closed; Some major to our tourism industry. As for your figures on wildlife impact, those numbers aren't even the tip of the iceberg of what we're about to see, sadly. From what I've heard tell, and this is by no means official; But BP has been offering local fishermen a $3000-$5000 check. STFU money, essentially, as this paltry sum can't begin to cover these men and women's livelihoods. It's a sickening situation, and it's only going to get worse for the foreseeable future.

Fallen - My information was an estimate, by far no where near the amount that has actually died. I live in Pensacola, I am 40 mins from Alabama and bout 4 hours from Lousianna. They have been cleaning the beaches daily along the gulf coast to keep the oil globs from doing more damage. They "speculated" that oil would not reach your area but my area was not lucky. You can wonder what is going to happen. I have seen it first hand and have the oil soaked clothes in my garbage to prove it.

Kiss the wildlife preserves that were in this area good bye cause theres nothing left of them.
I generated this page in 0.012209892272949 seconds, executing 6 queries.