Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Review: eBaY turbo blanket
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=40709&mesg_id=40741
40741, RE: Review: eBaY turbo blanket
Posted by micyek, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by burntheblobs
Is this really a product that should be sought after, though? I understand exhaust wrap, because only harm can be had by letting exhaust gasses go freely in the engine bay. But there is oil and coolant flowing through the turbo. I feel like there is a risk of cooking the oil in the lines or some other catastrophic failure that could happen by trapping all that heat.

I think you have a point. Even though it only covers the hot side, it keeps the heat in, and that heat has to go some place. The next closest "radiators" so to speak, would be the down pipe and/or the center section (hot ass oil)...and ultimately the compressor side (which is made out of aluminum, a really good conductor of heat). That might make your intake air temps considerably hotter. One may argue that an efficient enough IC would take car of that, and you would be right.

So...to the OP if you would please log your IATs before and after the install. This should go without saying, but do it the same day, same time of day and don't take your intial reading until after you are good and warmed up. And post the results of everything in the reviews section of the wiki, please and thank you.
I generated this page in 0.011303186416626 seconds, executing 6 queries.