Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=35754&mesg_id=35822
35822, RE: trying to find another room to stay at in Austin
Posted by KaptainMyke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DR1665
With a truck as big as that, Myke, why don't you guys just go home? If the neighbors stayed and there's no flooding, you'd at least have shelter for free. Snag some groceries before you head back down and stock up with the remaining cash. Get home, straighten things out, and hope for the power to come on soon. I don't imagine it's too cold at night right now, is it? Just a thought. Hate to see you guys rolled by mother nature.

There's a way bigger picture here, though....and too much to type as to why. But I cannot take the heat, and my 1 year old needs electricity for proper care making sure he's comfortable, and groceries/supplies would be limited as everyone else in the area. I'd rather just wait until things are normal again, or near normal.

Right now people are coming from houston and going west to share all of Katy's resources, so Katy is slowly coming back up...but food and gas are slow and long lines still.

Fuck it, we're going to see the Alamo now. I better see a basement there too when I show up.

I generated this page in 0.015589952468872 seconds, executing 6 queries.