Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Same sex marriage and polygamy
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=28163&mesg_id=28232
28232, RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dsmtuner1
Could you please due me a favor and weigh the positives compared to the negatives if gay marriages were ever legalized.

Do you think anything would really change? Homosexuals are already doing everything married heterosexuals do, including living together and raising children. However, because they can't legally get married, they are denied the benefits a legally recognized marriage can offer: Tax breaks, joint filing, next-of-kin, insurance breaks, bereavement leave, Social Security Survivor Benefits, Visitation of Partner in Hospital or Prison, among others. I feel that is wrong.

Thats like encouraging extinction.

I fail to see how. Explain your logic, please. Will people stop having children if gay people are allowed to be legally married? Would more people suddenly become gay if they're allowed to marry a member of the same gender?

The U.S. and its current state of trying to please every single person has lead to its weakness. Of course I based my original opinion based on my beleifs and religion because It's important to me, but even if you take that out of the equation you still can't justify.

This is somewhat outside the scope of the discussion, but I'll bite. Would you be offended if public schools taught the Quran? Why? How is it different from Christian prayer in public schools? Why do you feel this mindset "tries to please every single person"?

I generated this page in 0.0078179836273193 seconds, executing 6 queries.