Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Same sex marriage and polygamy
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=28163&mesg_id=28229
28229, RE: Same sex marriage and polygamy
Posted by slowmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dsmtuner1
Originally posted by DarkOne Yet, the Christian majority sees fit to dictate to me that I cannot legally enter into marriage with another man because they don't believe that it's right?
Reading that makes me laugh, because it sounds like you want to marry a man lol. Your not necessarily getting the "BIG PICTURE", if we wanted to start going into dictating what you can and can't due because of majority then we could relate that to anything. You can't have freedom to express whatever you want to, in all areas, and still have a sense of order. Look at any country w/o boundries there to govern the "majoritys" interest of the individuals residing, and see their productivity or civility. Could you please due me a favor and weigh the positives compared to the negatives if gay marriages were ever legalized. Thats like encouraging extinction. The U.S. and its current state of trying to please every single person has lead to its weakness. Of course I based my original opinion based on my beleifs and religion because It's important to me, but even if you take that out of the equation you still can't justify.

Completely ignoring the fact that this country was founded on freedom from religious persecution. :rolleyes
I generated this page in 0.0069689750671387 seconds, executing 6 queries.