Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: 5 blades are better than 3? My review of the Gillette Fusion Power
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=2619&mesg_id=2631
2631, RE: 5 blades are better than 3? My review of the Gillette Fusion Power
Posted by MR BLUNT 2gnt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Bump for a good buy. Yet another review of the same product, a little more detail.

As a long time user of the Mach 3 turbo, and the standard Mach 3 before that, you could say that I have a tendency to buy into the latest and greatest in shaving technology. When I heard a 5 blade (!) razor was going to be available, you can imagine my enthusiasm. As I stumbled into the Grocery Store last night at 2am half hung over, half drunk still, I saw it. The sign beckoned to me. I could not resist.

I woke up this morning eager to put use to my drunken bounty...

Aesthetics:
Upon initial inspection it seems a bit flimsier than the MachIII, the What is metal on the mach is represented by a chrome type paint on the Fusion. (to be fair though, I have lost 2 Mach 3 turbo power staffs to gravity and its subsequent introduction to my shower floor.) There are definitely 5 blades spaced much closer than the mach. There is also a sixth single "trimmer blade" on the top of the opposite side of the cartridge. I only found out its use after a visit to the web page.

In Action:
I remember the first time I used a MachIII power staff. I said "wow". Now acclimated to the Mach, my person bar of razor expectations has been raised. I haven’t said wow since the first use. I said "wow" again. Cutting through my whiskers like so much butter, I had to wash the shaving cream off to make sure it actually performed its function. In only a few moments it was all over; painlessly, effortlessly.

Best.razor.ever.

Initial Quality Rating:

The only points lost were due to the cheesy chrome paint job.
I generated this page in 0.0086348056793213 seconds, executing 6 queries.