Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: College Major
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=23620&mesg_id=23623
23623, RE: College Major
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I started in graphic design, changed into visual communitcation (commercial art/advertising), went into a little psychology, and then bought a Talon. Almost six years later, I started at DeVry to be an electronics technician, but I found the local market saturated with those guys, so I switched into computer info systems (programming/dbase admin). Then I realized that shit was fucking boring and lame and went to technical management. Now I've got about $70k in student loans just itching to pull me under.

Here's what I've learned:
1. You need the piece of paper. Get it as cheaply as you can.
2. You don't want to pigeon-hole yourself into something you will someday hate and not be able to use. (Programming in my case.)
3. I love car stuff and rallying more than anything else, but I need to know how to make something from that.

With all that said, attend the local state university - good name, affordable -and go after a business administration or management degree. They're going to give you tools you can use in the future - basic accounting, business terminology, etc.. This way, it doesn't matter what field you look into, you've got some management aptitude and you can run with the ball.

BONUS: Learning how to run a business can come in handy if you, I dunno, decide to start your own business one day, which is really the only way I think anyone can truly enjoy what they do.

Hope this helps.
I generated this page in 0.0078248977661133 seconds, executing 6 queries.