Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Pits v3.1
Topic subjectRE: Evo 8 engine in 2gnt's
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=60&topic_id=16092&mesg_id=16321
16321, RE: Evo 8 engine in 2gnt's
Posted by shazow1969, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Diceman19
wiring would be the worst, if you were using the car wiring, you would have to splice every single connection to run a different ecu, if you run your own wiring, PITA. i wouldnt do it, unless someone was paying me to do it. even then, nobody would pay me to do since i cant weld. ;-)

I seriously do not understand why everyone is so intimidated by wiring... Most ECU's are very simple. An LS1 ECU for instance, seems very difficult to figure out, but all you have to do is supply 12v constant 12v switched and ground and it will run, 7 wires to be precise. Making the instruments operate properly is the difficult thing. But we are talking about EVO motors you say. They aren't that much different. As long as you get a complete harness and ECU with the engine you buy you are good to go. Between the stock vehicle harness and the harness on the engine and an understanding of how to read wiring schematics and diagrams you shouldn't have any problem doing said task... On the other hand this IS NOT something I would recommend for a novice tuner or unskilled/unprepared mechanic.

As I said in my last post I will undertake this task at some point in the near future. I just need a doaner car to molest for the drivetrane and various parts.

-Kevin
I generated this page in 0.0080230236053467 seconds, executing 6 queries.