Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectEbay strut bars???????
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=990
990, Ebay strut bars???????
Posted by tim97rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
So, anybody know if the front and rear strut bars plastered all over e-bay for sale from matrix are any good? Are they as good as name brand without the name???

thanks tim97rs
991, RE: Ebay strut bars???????
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All strut tower braces are pretty much equivalent. It's a bar of metal that holds the shock towers together... not a lot of technology involved.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/
992, RE: Ebay strut bars???????
Posted by 96NOS_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That is where i bought mine and they aren't any different than any of the other cheaper bars out there.

Ray
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

993, RE: Ebay strut bars???????
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Yup I bought mine there for an exellent price. You can notice the difference. But they are kinda flimsy. I'm really thinking of doing that 2 STB thing. My cousin has a Cusco Strut Tower Bar for his ae96 and it doesn't bend for shit. So stiffer is better, matrix is aluminum I believe. Stainless steal is better, or even carbon fiber. Not so sure about carbon fiber though.. :P

994, RE: Ebay strut bars???????
Posted by endless73, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All strut bars are the same. The annoying thing about putting a strut bar on our 420A motors is that it blocks the oil cap. That means everytime you change your oil, you gotta remove the bar. That's why I got rid of mine...besides, it doesn't really make a difference in drag racing.

Evan Lau
15.621 @ 89.5 mph
995, Strut bars and oil change
Posted by Fast420A, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-Mar-01 AT 07:12 PM (PST)

The annoying thing about
putting a strut bar on
our 420A motors is that
it blocks the oil cap.
That means everytime you
change your oil, you gotta
remove the bar.

Just use a funnel when you change your oil. It's pretty simple to do. I like having the 2nd Strut Bar that Neuspeed makes for our cars. I can really tell a difference having it on there. But for the 1st bar, any bar will do as long as it is a solid bar and not going to bend or break.

I generated this page in 0.0080859661102295 seconds, executing 7 queries.