Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectwhere to get an alignment??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9754
9754, where to get an alignment??
Posted by proDMD, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I went to NTB today and they said they coulnt get it onto the lift? They think sears has the same lift...I have prokit..How did you guys get yours done? Im just going to call around to see who can do an alignment on lowered cars..I live in MA
9755, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by Chowmane99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
HELP!!!

Me Too. I just got the Pro-Kit and 17" on my Eclipse Spyder.
(On the Spyder it's lowered 1.6" but really more like 1.8" - I can only get two fingers betweent the tire and fender).

Nobody will do it. I need to get an alignment ASAP. I have a new set of Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 225/45/17 on 5-Zigen Fireball in Hyper-Black.

I also have the Eibach Rear Camber Kit Install (Set at about +1.00 degree) Their Adjustable form -.75 to +2.00 degree's

Where did everyone else take theirs to get it done. Firestone, Midas, NTB won't even touch it.

Thanks,
Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder GS

9756, RE: where to get an alignment??
Bump!!
9757, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by cavscout6, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
look in the phone book and call around to all the shops. you want to find a shop with a pit style lift or a place that does alignments on trucks and stuff.
9758, RE: where to get an alignment??
pit style lift/trucks.... :thumbsup good advise thanks
9759, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
try another store, those are just being lazy. i work at NTB in lancaster and we do lowered shit all the time. they have bitch mechanics is the problem. we have wood boards we use when low stuff comes in.
9760, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by espilcEGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Give the Mitsubishi dealer a call. I called around to every shop in town and kept getting the same answer, no we cant perform alignments on lowered cars. So as a last resort i called the dealer. They were the only place that would do it. It took about 2 hours and ran $98.
9761, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
$98? Ouch.i don't kmnow if you guys have Les Schwabs, but in oregon they are the best for alignments by far.
9762, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by Chowmane99, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Ok - I just came back from NTB and they did my Alignment for $89.95

Here's the results: (I have the Eibach Pro-Kit 1.6" for my 98 Eclipse Spyder and the Eibach Rear Camber Kit installed).

CAMBER:
Rear Left:
Before: -0.2
Actual: -1.1 (GOOD)
Specific Range: -1.8 = -0.8

TOE:
Before: -1.16
Actual: -0.21 (GOOD)
Specific Range: 0.00 = 0.24

Rear Right:
Before: -0.8
Actual: -1.2 (GOOD)
Specific Range: -1.8 = -0.8

TOE:
Before: -0.76
Actual: 0.00(GOOD - Barely)
Specific Range: 0.00 = 0.24

Total Toe for Rear:
Before: -1.92
Actual: -0.21 (Not within spec - Best he could do)
Specific Range: 0.00 = 0.47

Thrust Angle:
Before: -0.20
Actual: -0.10

CAMBER:
Front Left:
Before: -0.6
Actual: -0.6 (Didn't touch - said since I do not have a Front Camber Kit - He can't adjust it. But if you notice -0.6 is within the Spec).
Specific Range: -0.6 = 0.4

Front Right:
Before: -1.5
Actual: -1.5 (Didn't touch - said since I do not have a Front Camber Kit - He can't adjust it.)
Specific Range: -0.6 = 0.4

Caster:
Front Left:
Before: 4.0
Actual: 4.0 (GOOD)
Specific Range: 3.2 = 6.2

Front Right:
Before: 5.3
Actual: 5.3 (Good)
Specific Range: 3.2 = 6.2

TOE:
Front Left:
Before: -0.16
Actual: 0.02 (Good)
Specific Range: -0.12 = 0.12

Front Right:
Before: -0.07
Actual: 0.02 (Good)
Specific Range: -0.12 = 0.12

SAI:
Front Left:
Before: 7.8
Actual: 7.8

Fornt Right:
Before: 8.6
Actual: 8.6

Include Angle:
Front Left:
Before: 7.2
Actual: 7.2

Front Right:
Before: 7.1
Actual: 7.1

Total Toe:
Before: -0.23
Actual: 0.04 (Good)
Specific Range: -0.24 = 0.24

So was $89.95 really worth it??

The only thing out of spec really after the Alignmnet is the Front Right Camber at -1.5 (Specified Range: -0.6 = 0.4)

and the Rear Left Toe at -0.21 (Specified Range: 0.00 = 0.24)

What do you guys think. Did they screw with me or is this good??

Later,
Mike
98 Eclipse Spyder GS
9763, RE: where to get an alignment??
Alignment is done! ahhh car rides 100x better now :thumbsup I ended up finding a local shop that had extensions for the lift and he didnt have a problem but he made me nervous as hell when he drove up backwards on the lift to do the rear..all I can say is the guy was good :)
9764, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by iamnotwhoiam, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Believe it or not, but one of the best things i spent $$ on last year was a lifetime alignment at Firestone. Used it three times and this last time was after i lowered my car.. and all i paid was about $100 at the time for the lifetime alignment. Only thing is that most firestone's can do lowered cars if they have a the newer alignment machines, because some of the sensors on the machine wont clear certain areas of the car. But do beware if you have an aftermarket front end or the 97+ fronts, cause depending on the drop it will probably hit the lift going up and down, but im sure they could use some boards if asked to.
9765, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by 96Eclipsed, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
On-Topic:

I needed new belts and an oil change, RS is lowered (not sure how low) and NO one would touch it except expensive dealer. So I called and called, finally some midas shop said yeah, we'll do it. So the oil change was done by using boards on the rack, fine...they got the belts later in the day, so the rack was being used. They pulled to the back and used the ramps. Which would have been fine if the freaking neanderthal had taken off his damn wedding ring when he lifted the front end by the fender to make the clearance! Now I have chips on each fender...

Off-topic:

This shop doesn't do alighment, mostly an accessory shop, but if you're in the Sacramento area and need stuff like rims, exhaust, front clips, lights, etc, check out Sacramento Motoring Accessories, www.smaspeed.com for address.
9766, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i just got my sportlines in a bit ago, still waiting to buy illuminas havent got around to it, but I can see me going through hell to get it aligned n shit. and changing oil and that will be so fun. im on 16's still too.

96ESi Mods
apex' dunk exhaust
injen short ram
magnecore 8.5mm wires
front/rear strut tower bars
custom painted interior
9767, RE: where to get an alignment??
Posted by Da0utlaw, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am planning on a 1.5"-2" drop myself. Should i get an alignment before, to avoid all the BS(for a while at least until i need another). Or would the lowering affect the alignment and i would have to get one done after the drop anyway.

Stage 2F NER Turbo kit-$2,925.62 remaining//UNDER CONSTRUCTION
http://www.streamlineracing.com
9768, RE: where to get an alignment??
Dont get the alignment until after the drop has settled(3days to a week).. every time you adjust your ride hight you will need an alignment. So unless you already have a lifetime alignment dont bother :wary
I generated this page in 0.0084190368652344 seconds, executing 7 queries.