Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectGround Control Coilovers
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=9694
9694, Ground Control Coilovers
Posted by Pinoy97GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just installed a brand new set of GroundControl Coilvers set for my Eclipse. I left the perches on the front shocks, but I knocked off the perches on the rear ones. The fronts are lowered all the way to the bottom of the coils but the wheels sit like at stock height. The rear coils are halfway down the coils and can still be lowered or adjusted but the coils are sitting crooked when jacked up. Should I take off the perches on the fronts or should I just leave things the way they are? What should I do?
9695, RE: Ground Control Coilovers
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I left mine and was still able to drop to ~2.5" front and back. I didn't use any of the bushings which let me go like an additional 1" about
9696, RE: Ground Control Coilovers
Posted by EvuLFleA, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Knocking off perches = 1 minute for all 4

I knocked ALL of mine off with maxspeed and it works perfect, sits perfect, sounds perfect etc.

9697, RE: Ground Control Coilovers
Posted by BlackVenge, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
knock them off, they tap right off with a hammer. takes no time at all, and the car will sit lower, almost on the ground with them off, at least mine did.
its not the greatest pic, but i havent scanned anyothers with my car and the coilovers dropped all the way
9698, RE: Ground Control Coilovers
Posted by Grass96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whuts going on Peeps?? I have Weapon R coilovers with stock shox/struts. I had a tire shop(tire force) set the heighth of the perch the lowest it would go without touching my (already cut out) fenderwells. They then hydrolically bent my a-arms to correct camber and those settings. Been like this for a lil over 2 years now. anyways.. BOUNCY AS HELL, i dunno if i should get coilovers, or a spring kit(progres springs) and shox/struts, or if the shox/struts(illuminas or kyb agx) and my current WeaponR's would make the ride smooth enough to ride around in ATL. Any input?? also i have pilot front strut bar, ????rear lower bar, and 17inch wheels/45series yokos with 35psi on all 4 corners.
Walt

I generated this page in 0.023853063583374 seconds, executing 7 queries.