Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Two front STB's
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=883&mesg_id=887
887, RE: Two front STB's
Posted by RyaN95i4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 23-Feb-01 AT 04:26 PM (PST)

Like Micheal said, breather for the pcv.

I got the idea when i first got the Neuspeed bar. because of the avengers lower hood, in order to get a conventional style STB you either had to have the bar pressure bent or cut the support frame of the hood. Then someone in ASOG came across the Neuspeed Eclipse Turbo bar, which bolts to the suspension anchor point behind the strut towers, no modification needed. So i figured there was still the option of getting a regular STB modded to fit in.

Another asog member (shant, turboed black i4 venge) hooked me up with his old STB and i was finally able to test out my idea.

I honestly didnt expect much of a noticeable difference when i added the pilot bar (the blue one in the pics), but on my first drive out i noticed steering response was noticeable improved. the steering feeling reminded me of my friends s2000 and type r (two hondas that defintitely have it going for them in the handling dept.)

I havent pushed the car really, so im not sure how much this will aid in body flex, but i didnt have much before tho:)

As far as costs, Ive seen the conventional type STBs go for anywhere from $30 on ebay up to $120 or so. Neuspeed has stopped production of the turbo eclipse bar, and asog members wiped out there remaining stock, but some places still have them on their shelves and ive seen it for $90-$130

both bars take 5-10 min to install

www.groundfloormotorsports.com

I generated this page in 0.0068039894104004 seconds, executing 6 queries.