Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectKYB Gr-2
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=8818
8818, KYB Gr-2
Posted by nosty_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what is everyoones opinion on that Gr-2. are they a good strut?? there is aguy whos has them brand new in the box and is selling thatm dirt cheap. want to know if i should hop on them or save up my oney for something else
8819, RE: KYB Gr-2
Posted by vector_racing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i've had them with my sprint coils, weapon-r coilovers, and now with my skunks...I like them...people say they are the same as the stock strut (they are not!!!) i say go for them :D
8820, RE: KYB Gr-2
Posted by nosty_99rs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok i see. i have been getting mixed reviews about them. n e body else have anything to say about them
8821, RE: KYB Gr-2
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No offense vector, but your car doesn't look like it is driven very hard.To really tell between struts, you have to actaully take some corners.The GR-2's are replacement struts, bottom line.They even say "replacement struts" on the side.They are identical to our factory struts as far as stiffness goes, they just have gas instead of air inside to prevent foaming.Oh and by the way, why did you switch from the weapon-r's
8822, RE: KYB Gr-2
Posted by eclipsekaiser, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree. there isn't anything "Stiff" about the GR-2. Got them on my car since 98 and they have faded in terms of performance. However they are good replacement for the budget minded. I guess I shouldn't have gone drifting with them... :P
8823, RE: KYB Gr-2
Posted by vector_racing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
none takin, but my car does have 96k miles on it, and it was drivin hard and raced hard...more than 50k miles on the gr-2 and I have no problems with them...i happen 2 have a set of stock shocks the other day, and i compared the 2 and the gr-2 are about .5 - 1 inch longer shock travel than the stock ones. like i said, i have not had any problems.
The weapon-r's I had where the first gen ones with a urthane top hat/bumpstop, and the spring sits on that...and it started to tear...so i got some skunks now
8824, RE: KYB Gr-2
Posted by UNSpooled95GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hehe my car just rolled over to 96k also.
I generated this page in 0.0099718570709229 seconds, executing 7 queries.