Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectBreak light comming on
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=8165
8165, Break light comming on
Posted by SpeedracerIndy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
This may be a dumb question, but that's what this forum is for, right??? When I threshold break (slam on the breaks until just before they lock up), my break light comes on. I've checked my break fluid and it's at the right level, and my break pads are at about 75% all the way around. Does this mean there is something wrong, or is it just the e-break button making contact from the inertia of breaking? I would like to find out before my master cylinder goes out or something like that. TIA
8166, RE: Break light comming on
Can anyone help me here please?
8167, RE: Break light comming on
Posted by XtremeRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
How does your pedal feel? It should be firm and not go to the floor. Could be master cyl going bad, or a bad sensor. Its not normal for the light to come on with hard braking..
8168, RE: Break light comming on
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just a thought, but the hard braking may be causing your brake fluid to all go towards one side of the reservoir, and maybe it just trips the sensor thinking you are low on brake fluid. Kinda like how if you are going up a steep hill, your gas light sometimes comes on if you are already near E, but not quite.
8169, RE: Break light comming on
I was thinking the same thing, about the fluid going to the front of the tank. The peddal feels fine, maybee a little bit squishy since I first bought the car, but still firm. I was planning on bleeding the fluid anyway, so after I do that I'll see what happens.
I generated this page in 0.0077779293060303 seconds, executing 7 queries.