Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: apples and oranges
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=781&mesg_id=788
788, RE: apples and oranges
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 16-Feb-01 AT 06:32 PM (PST)

I did not notice any difference with my front STB (cheap Taiwan style) on or off. In fact, I took it out as I find it more of a benefit to have easy access to the oil cap. I believe top STBs don't do a whole lot on a stock suspension car. There is enough slop in the suspension bushings to take up any movement before chassis stiffness even comes into play.

This is a bit of a religious argument, however, and a lot of people believe they feel a change after they install a particular part because they spent money on it. Sort of a psyhosomatic thing - you feel it cause your brain thinks it should. Only way to know for sure if people can tell there was a change is by using one of these two techniques:

- have a professional driver run several laps on a track without the mod, then install it and observe for any changes in lap times.

- do a double blind experiment, where someone installs the bar without you knowing about it and see if you notice anything afterwards.

I do have the ES shock tower bushings installed now, which are much stiffer than stock, so I might actually notice an improvement. But I'm gonna wait till I can get a really stiff STB like RREs tubular steel ones. Those flimsy tubular aluminum kinds are more for looks than function, IMO.

juan

I generated this page in 0.007472038269043 seconds, executing 6 queries.