Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectNewbie question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=7320
7320, Newbie question
Posted by 97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I know this might be stupid, but can someone tell me the difference between coil overs and lowering springs? Thanks in advance.
7321, RE: Newbie question
Posted by elude, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
spings are like something that you can't adjust unless you have adjust height shocks.. coilovers are adjustable using your stock shocks but can cause the car to be bumpy as hell... lowering springs are good if you just want to drop your car once, but coilovers are if you might be adjusting your car height due to things like changing rims, etc.. but remember.. if you get coilovers, its kinda of a good things to get some good shocks too.. correct me guys if im wrong...
7322, RE: Newbie question
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'm getting coil overs that give a 1.4 inch drop, do I still need good shocks or whateva? that doesn't seem too much to make the ride bumpy
7323, RE: Newbie question
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
coilovers shouldnt have a set drop height, they should have a range. Most are like 0-3" or 4 ". Coilovers are height adjustable and normal drop springs have a set height. Unless you go with the really expensive coilovers people have found the ride to be a little harsh. Some have had great success with Ground Control coilovers though. I went with springs because they were cheaper and I have no desire to change my ride height on the regular.
7324, RE: Newbie question
Posted by silvreclipsers, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
what about the ones at procarparts.com? they don't seem good because the price is a little low
I generated this page in 0.010766983032227 seconds, executing 7 queries.