Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAlignment Kit or Not?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=7302
7302, Alignment Kit or Not?
Posted by ourformerselves, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I just bought a Eibach Springs Pro-Kit & KYB AGX adjustable shocks/struts. Will I need to install an alignment kit or anything else when I put them in?

Thanks, Richard (97 ESi)
http://www.ourformerselves.com/richard/main.htm

----------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT MODS:
AEM Cold Air Intake | Magnacor 8.5 Ignition Wires | NKG Spark Plugs | Sylvania Cool Blue Headlights | Cobra Eyes Windshield Washer Blue LED Lights | Nokya Motorsports Sport Pedal Set

IN THE MAIL:
OBX Racing Sports - Type H (HKS) Cat-Back
AF/X - Underdrive Pulley
Stock Throttle Body (thanks Creamo3!)
7303, RE: Alignment Kit or Not?
Posted by fasterGS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont believe there are alignment kits(correct me if I am wrong).
You have to take the car to a shop to have the alignment corrected. What you might possibly need is a camber kit, which makes your tires flat against the road again. And you might not even need that since the prokit only drops you a little over an inch. Just look at your car from the rear or front. Do your tires wheels look like this......
/ \
If so you need a camber kit.
7304, RE: Alignment Kit or Not?
Posted by Mystic511, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you can do the 15 dollar rear camber mod for your car. That's what i'm doing for my car when i get my pro-kits in. I think the back's camber is off by a little even with the slightest drop. It couldn't hurt. it's only 15 bucks. (just use less washers since the drop is shorter)
7305, RE: Alignment Kit or Not?
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah if your not dropped too much I suggest doing the 15 dolla camber mod. My suspension is all jacked up (Rear crashing into shit :P ) so I need to get camber adjusters in the rear now. Adjustable camber is handy if you have coilovers though and fiddle with the height often or if your a suspension nut and want monster cornering. Haha better have the money to keep on going to the alignment shop though or have the equipment to align it your self.
I generated this page in 0.010679960250854 seconds, executing 7 queries.