Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectGroundcontrol Coils/Tokico Shocks?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=601
601, Groundcontrol Coils/Tokico Shocks?
Posted by EclipseGS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i am about to purchase this setup fro ma friend of mine for just 150 dollars. he had it on his Avenger, but he now has an Impreza RS, and just wants to get rid of them. i currently have Eibach sportlins springs and i am NOT happy with them at all. it rides like crap, and the camber is off pretty bad. if i had the coilover/shock setup in the subject, and i lowered the front 1" and the back three-quarters of an inch, would i still have problems with the camber? i wouldnt mind a rough ride at all if my car didnt scrape, or if the tires werent co loud cause the camber is off. what u guys think?? thanks.
602, RE: Groundcontrol Coils/Tokico Shocks?
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
GO FOR IT! Thats a really cheap price. And The Ground Controls use Eibach springs, and if you only lower it a little, it shouldn't have that much of a camber problem. You could probably sell your use springs for almost 150...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

603, RE: Groundcontrol Coils/Tokico Shocks?
Posted by TrishasTalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i agree with eclipse go for it!!!
Trisha
TrishasTalon@msn.com
http://communities.msn.com/AStreetRacersDream

604, Sportlines SUCK however
Posted by Skrilla, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have this setup. They are the Tokico Illuminas and Ground Control CO's. They are an AWESOME setup. The Ground Controls do use the Eibach springs but they are stiffer Prokit series springs which will acurately support the weight of the car, unlike the sportlines. $150 for the whole thing is a STEAL. I bought my GC CO for $225 and my Illuminas for about $400 and that's considered a deal, so GO FOR IT.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"
605, RE: Sportlines SUCK however
Posted by EclipseGS1997, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ill second that SPORTLINES SUCK!! i should have never bought them, but i guess you live and learn. ive already bought the coilovers and shocks from my friend, and will be putting them in Tuesday, in between class and work! how far do you suggest dropping before there will be camber problems? i also dont wanna drag everywhere i go, or bounce over little tiny bumps like i do now.thanks for the info guys!
606, 1-1.5"
which is about how low the GC go, but at this level you shouldn't need a camber kit. For better cornering my front is set at 1.75 to ~2 inches and the rear to 1.5 inch which is good enough(for me) in ridding the gap w/o too much bottoming in bumps and low enough for very quick corners and direction changing

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"
607, I heard that GC's and tockico illuminas suck as a combo
Posted by Kory, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Skrilla,

I hear that you can only lower/raise your car an 1" with this setup. Is that correct?

You didn't get back to me on your spring rates man!

Thanks,

>which is about how low the
>GC go, but at this
>level you shouldn't need a
>camber kit. For better cornering
>my front is set at
>1.75 to ~2 inches and
>the rear to 1.5 inch
>which is good enough(for me)
>in ridding the gap w/o
>too much bottoming in bumps
>and low enough for very
>quick corners and direction changing
>
>
>Skrilla
>'97 Base Talon NA
>"Technology is the Only Substitute for
>Displacment"
>"Peace and Turbo Grease"

"RACECAR backwards is RACECAR!"

Kory
korynguyen@yahoo.com
Happy Honda Hunting!
608, Now way!! Food for thought...
1" and 1.5" after settling in stock form for the Eclipse/Talon...I haven't forgotten about the spring rates. I bought my GC's used and the guy I bought them from didn't send all the information to me. Anyway I emailed him and are awaiting his response. Anyway back to the lowering. I mentioned this before on the old board, I think, but since my GC's were rated for the weight of the Galant they are obviously stronger than plain vanilla prokits, so I removed(clipped) half a coil all the way around which are about .7" for a .5 coil. That will let me lower over 2". For me anything past 2" is too restrictive for dailey driving. Keep in mind that clipping springs soften it's tension so high rate springs can half coil removed. I couldn't choose my rates so I clipped, and they work good with the 5 way adjustable Tokicos(NO they aren't bouncy like those clipped civics rolling thougout Socal). My ride is pretty firm and can be controlled for ZERO roll(or zero comfort). I haven't been able to fully tune it yet.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Peace and Turbo Grease"
I generated this page in 0.011168003082275 seconds, executing 7 queries.