Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectscorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5372
5372, scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by zenkie, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have a stage 2(hrc) and all i do is smoke my tires when i race on the street. So what kind should i get? i am going to go with 215/40/17. Right now i have kumho and they suck!

5373, RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
night and day comparison. paradas are a hell of a lot better. much better wet traction as to the scorcher's non existent wet traction. the paradas are asymetrical and directional. very nice. scorchers are good if you live inlike arizona and you never have to worry about anything but dry traction. only good thing about scorchers is they colored burnouts and the g-techs other than that not worth it specially since the paradas are like 40 dollars cheaper per tire

i dunno where you plan on gettin these but some places charge more for doin certain brands of tires. yokohama's are a huge bitch in general don't let someone charge you extra for installing them. never did scorchers cause we (NTB) steer people away from them. but comparing like comp t/a's to yok's the yok's are harder sooo

you can tell which is better by comparing treads. look how the paradas pull water from the inside to the channel on the out side with small syphs(sp) to push it out no look at the scorchers. syphs to pull the water to the out side channels but no syphs to let the water out of the channels there for easily causing hydroplaning.
5374, RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by vegastoy, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have paradas as seen in the pic below and love them, got them at discount tire, good deal too...18"s joe
5375, RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by sd_eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had Paradas(215/40/18's) and was happy with their grip and their wear. The only thing that I wasn't so happy about was the noise. Mine made a heck of a lot road noise after they had worn some.
5376, RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by DarkOne, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Avenger has scorchers and they SUCK. Worthless tires.. he's gone through three of them because they keep blowing out the sidewalls, and he can barely keep it on the freeway in the rain. Pass on those..
5377, RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by Avenger, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hmm ... yes Scorchers bad ... very bad ... yes they are. I bought them with my rims about 2 years ago. I still have them on because I replace one every so often that I still have tread on all of them ... sad isn't it (but thank goodness for lifetime road hazard ... saved me like ~$500). Currently the RF tire is 4 months old, LF 3 months old, and both rears are the originals. The LF has had to be replaced twice the RF just once. One of those times can be attributed to one gigantic pot hole ... actually tore a hole in the tire that grew bigger trying to get home (but the rim survived) but the other two both had sidewall failures (steel belts broke and the tire had a "tumor" on the side ... once was inside of the tire once outside of tire). They were fine for about the first year I had them then it's been downhill since. I'm getting some Kuhmo's at the end of the month to replace them ... can't be any worse. They are difinitely not worth the $150/tire I paid for them but they definitely get you noticed (you don't know how many people ask about them damn tires!!).

BTW, they are kept properly inflated (check every 2 weeks) and rotated (but not recently ... I want the newer ones up front) when all this started happening.

Oh and about rain traction ... um it's non-existant. If the road is past being damp it's like sliding around on your belly on a sheet of ice (I'm exaggerating a little but it is very bad). If the road is wet I can spin the tires for a good while but just flooring it in my AT!! (sometimes that's not a very good thing)
5378, RE: scorcher T/A or yokohama parada (pix in side)
Posted by Logic3, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I had Paradas also. I liked their grip. I like the Falken GRB's I have now better though. Good grip in the rain, excellent grip on dry surfaces. Check out www.whalentire.com also. They have good deals.
I generated this page in 0.0083730220794678 seconds, executing 7 queries.