Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAir Cylinders....are they worth it??
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5061
5061, Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by NCHRGE98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey everyone...just wondering if anyone has air cylinders or air struts. I am a mini trucker at heart and i REALLY want to lay out my eclipse. Let me know if they are any good
5062, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by evan2, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i know someone with a gst on rods.. i was going to get them for the longest time..but dont go with chassis tech.. i hear they are shittty..and no warranty. if you do get them go with dropzone.. they are way more exspensive but will last..
5063, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
hey evan2 thanks for the reply...money is burning a hole in my pocket. Do you know a good place to get them online?? help a brother out. I can't wait to see her laid the fuck out!!!

5064, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i think they are awesome. my friend had them on his camry. ya you herd me. a mother fucking camry. check these pics out

http://www.geocities.com/optimus3geez/jigar.htm

his car was sweet, then he sold it.

now he has a rsx type s and that thing is cool
5065, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
All of them leak after a while. Also, DON'T get it online. It's all in the install, and you need a shop to install it right. Too many people have probs for me to even consider wanting them if I had the money.
5066, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by optimuspeterson, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you don't need to have a profesional do it. it is almost easier than doing coilovers. you take the whole strut off and put the cylinder on in its place. it should be that easy. the only hard part is hooking op the lines and the valves. but that is easy also. the only problem i had when i did my firends camry was that we accidently stripped the hole that the fitting goes into for air cylinder. he just got the hole rethreaded at the next size bigger. no problem. then hook up the airtank and the compressor. thats it, i believe. anything i miss guys?
5067, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
HELL YEAH they look dope....i'm not worried about install I built my truck's complete f/s/b/b airbagb set-up so no big worries. My only problem is I CAN'T find them for our rides.

5068, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by eclipse804, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well from what I heard, every setup has to be custom made to work right. I don't know of a bolt on kit that works perfectly for our cars.
5069, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
eclipse804 i know they make them for ALOT of cars including the eclipse but i would rather not wait around for 2 months because the shops around here really only deal with v8's. Always say they are on backorder. I just need to get some cylinders if i HAVE to fab the shit myself to make it road worthy BIG FUCKIN DEAL I will. Just need to get them i have 3 weeks of downtime so the sooner the better!

5070, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
eclipse804.. custom brackets are usually made for trucks with bags.. cuz the prefab ones are hella $$$...

rods bolt up just like a strut and coil... so its not that hard to put together.. the hardest part is putting the valves together and all the lines..

www.chassistech.com (tell u right now stay away.. the price is good ,, but they have no warranty and shitty customer service) joe morrow is a dick head.. i was writting him asking for info about them.. he was writing back but with short shitty answers so i kept asking more and more.. and hes like this is my last RE.. im like what a dick.. so i told him thats not a good way tomake buisness and i tol dhim u just lost one customer which equals 3.. since i had 2 others who had the cash on them to buy them

well shit nrcge man if u got the money laying around.. ill take a HRC stage 2 kit.... or u can just pay off my bills

im not sure about the website.. but i heard dropzone has some hot ones..

they are like 3 grand though... but they are hott..
5071, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by 2GNTCUTIE, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
try here I saw the cylinders for the eclipse good luck!!

http://www.showtimehydraulics.com/air.htm
5072, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by vector_racing, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i have them..
if they r going on a daily driver, i say no...cylinders leak when its cold...the seal in the rod leaks...if its always warm by you, go for it.
stay away from chassis tech/aim/ricky racer (all the same company), it is not a bolt on kit...you have to fab shit, no instructions, missing parts, and shitty parts...oh, and very shitty customer service.

later

5073, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Thanks peeps for the info. Evan2 if i bought you one i would have to buy one for everyone else so sorry bro!!!!!!! LMAO. Vector i live in tezas so it is usaully hot but winters get cold here. IF i run two compressores would i really have to worry about leaks. OR does the cylinder just eventually end up leaking???? My truck has a leak or two in the lines....but oh well that shit happens so one compresser runs when the truck is on the other will fill the tanks up when the truck is turned off and shut off would that help on the klipz? Sorry for all the questions but i really only know mini's!!!!!!! If you need a truck layin frame or to drag harder than fuck let me know.

WOOO HOOO my truck
5074, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
man no u dont.. just tell him to go to hell.. only a turbo kit for me.. hahhah..

yea ricky aim all them are the same shitty comp...

5075, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
oh yea well if u go to www.dsmtalk.com

i think turbo4 is his name.. he has rods.. ask him..
5076, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
its not a slow leak...so compressors won't do you any good...

when its cold, you turn the wheel...and you lose 80psi of pressure in a milla second...your on the ground...i imagine that wouldn't be a good thing if you were on the highway...but it's only happened 2 me a standing still or really slow speeds...when im driving the pressure stays up...(wondering if the friction heats up the rods 2 the point where they don't lose air, but i don't know) either way, it's a very anoying problem that i can't fix...and would suck on a daily driver...

let me know if you have any other questions...

later
5077, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by icjeclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
http://www.the-hack-shack.com/
5078, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by Amish_Eclipse, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i wouldn't do air on a lipse. i meanit's a sports car it should handle well at least . i'll go with the struts and springs please.

it's all good on trucks and old skoolers but not on a lipse.
5079, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
Posted by speedracer21, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I was also thinking of getting some, but i've heard that they don't work well if you race you car. From what i heard they don't hold up from the stress put on them form launching. but i have not real idea so dose anyone here know? Alos i'm going to ask some of the ppl here in town that have them about that "cold leak" that was talked about, cause that would suck if you were going over bumps or somthing and the thinkg just slammed on ya. ouch!!
5080, RE: Air Cylinders....are they worth it??
you r correct about the lauching...it sucks, it is very soft..ass sags alot on lauches...

i thought i would have an extra set of front springs and shock, that i could swap in and race on, and the rears, i could pump up the pressure on them 2 make them stiff..no can do, even with 100psi in them they r still a little 2 soft...

so your right, they would suck to drag in...

I generated this page in 0.014391899108887 seconds, executing 7 queries.