Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectoil starvation
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4237
4237, oil starvation
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Any of you guys ever take a corner really aggressively and have your oil light come on?? I did it earlier today, it only came on for a fraction of a second, but is this something i should worry about??
4238, RE: oil starvation
Posted by HadesOmega, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
yeah when you take corners hard you oil sloshes around your engine really hard and stuff and it could cause you light to go on, hasn't happened to me but during extremely hard cornering oil comes blasting out into the catchcan, mostly during autocross.
4239, RE: oil starvation
Posted by Doug96GS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
It happens to me too. I think it means that you're low on oil because it doesn't happen after I change my oil.
4240, RE: oil starvation
Posted by Michael_97RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
And the Neon guys are lucky enough to have a windage tray or the moroso oil pan to prvent the oil from moving around as much and starving the motor during autopcross or hard cornering.

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,
The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,
And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

Michael J. Kulaga
e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

All Motor Beast in the Making

Injen CAI, 55mm TB, Hooker 4-1 Stepped Header, GS-T Muffler, AFX UDP, S-AFC, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, SS Clutch Line, NRG Susp. Motor Mount Ins., FU/RU/RL STBs, TSW Blade 17x7.5, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 215/45ZR-17. Front KVR Cross-Drilled Rotors and Carbon Fiber Pads

To Be Installed: Ported/Polished Intake Manifold, Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, Rear KVR Cross Drilled Rotors and KVR Carbon Fiber Kevlar Pads
4241, RE: oil starvation
Posted by VX100, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Never had that happen to me. I haven't autocrossed in a while, but I don't remember having oil problems with my car.

Maybe if your oil is low, but still above the "low" mark on the dipstick this will happen. Make sure you've got the full 4 1/2 quarts in there, then see if it happens again.
4242, RE: oil starvation
Posted by 1TuffRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My car actually has a little more oil in it than it is supposed to have,so thats not the problem. I just cornered hard as hell and it made the oil slosh around, I remember reading about this in SCC, they put a new oil pan on the car to prevent it from happening again, but i dont think they make one like that for our rides...or do they??
4243, RE: oil starvation
Posted by jZa, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i get that too
I generated this page in 0.0094151496887207 seconds, executing 7 queries.