Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectStock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33801
33801, Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed
Posted by juan, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Just confirming that with the stock shocks, if you manually compress them, they don't push back out once released, right?

I found my stockies in the garage, and had posted them up on eBay. Someone asked to check that they all extend at the same rate, but since they are not gas-filled shocks, that won't happen. They've been static for quite a while up to now, and the first couple cycles were actually pretty easy, but as the oil was worked through they stiffened up a fair bit. Good to go, right?

-juan
33802, RE: Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I guess if they had the springs still on they would return, lol. But just to be sure I went down to the garage and tried a few stockers, Nope, they won't return by themselves (for the obvious reasons).
33803, RE: Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
My stockers were in the attic for 12 years. I checked them out when I was cleaning and I could compress them in and out by hand. They would not rebound on their own, so I chucked them.
33804, RE: Stock KYB shocks plain oil shocks, not gas shocks, so don't re-extend when manually compressed
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by John99RS
My stockers were in the attic for 12 years. I checked them out when I was cleaning and I could compress them in and out by hand. They would not rebound on their own, so I chucked them.

Lol. Well I guess it didn't matter since you weren't going to use them anyway.

I generated this page in 0.0070421695709229 seconds, executing 7 queries.