Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectLooking for new upper ball joints
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33592&mesg_id=33592
33592, Looking for new upper ball joints
Posted by mxracer04, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I am in the process of changing my transmission when I noticed both lower and upper ball joints need replaced. So Yesterday I went to Advance Auto and picked up some Moog upper ball joints, got home and took out the old ones and dropped in the new one. The problem I ran into is that the new one has some play in it where is slides into the control arm. I spent a couple hours looking at different sites and everything and still get the same part number, I know there is the possibility that is was miss boxed or made wrong from my past 5 years of selling car parts. I assume my car has the factory control arms, so my question is do I need to change the upper control arm because on some cars in order to just change the ball joint you have to have previously changed the control arm I did not know if the eclipse/talon was the same way. Any info would be greatly appreciated, it has only been two days since slowly tearing it apart and am really missing driving it.
I generated this page in 0.0081310272216797 seconds, executing 6 queries.