Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectWiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33510
33510, Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by Fabs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is a problem with the pics in that topic, I'm making that conversion would be great to have some pics in order to make it easier...
33511, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Someone will have to take pictures the next time a conversion is performed, however it is no different than replacing your existing calipers with existing calipers (except you are using larger replacements).

It is a bolt on affair.
33512, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by Fabs, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thanks dude...!
33513, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by ivan300, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you get 1G GSX brakes you will need 1G brake lines as the fitting is different. Just a FYI
33514, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I'll try to remember to take some pics when I do this on the daily.
33515, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by xcasbonx, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For future reference

1G Dual piston caliper = Screw in brake line fitting.

2G Dual piston caliper = Banjo fitting.

IF you are ordering SS brake lines from say RRE (Road Race Engineering) specify to them which style you need and they will build them accordingly for you.
33533, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by Islandertalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I've got a few pictures with some nice rusty rotors. They aren't that great but I'm sure they will do until someone gets better ones.

Can a mod pm me an address they want the pictures sent to so they can update the write up. I didn't see where I could update it myself.
33534, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
PM sent.

...and updated. Thanks man!
33535, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by Islandertalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
No problem, glad I could help out.
33536, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by xcasbonx
PM sent. ...and updated. Thanks man!

Wha....? I just did my conversion this morning and took the time to take a bunch of pics, lol!

Oh well, thanks for taking care of it, islander

33537, RE: Wiki: RS to GSX brakes conversion!
Originally posted by bullettdsm
Originally posted by xcasbonx PM sent. ...and updated. Thanks man!
Wha....? I just did my conversion this morning and took the time to take a bunch of pics, lol! Oh well, thanks for taking care of it, islander

Well the current one is sorta hacked together mainly because it's an old writeup from around 01-02 that was specific with its own pictures. Since the original pictures are no longer available the ones Islandertalon needed help uploading are now put in there where they "made sense" with the writeup. It's not the greatest, but it gives people an idea an ideally, we're talking brakes here, its not quite "rebuilding a motor" so...

If anything MB, maybe do another writeup separately with the pictures you used? If not, no biggie I suppose.
I generated this page in 0.0073440074920654 seconds, executing 7 queries.