Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectNoise from rear suspension after lowering
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=3341
3341, Noise from rear suspension after lowering
Posted by alexries, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I recently lowered my car and I've noticed a lot more noise coming from the back suspension when I hit bumps and crap. I don't mean speed bumps but, like little potholes and stuff. Anyway I'm using H&R sport springs (1.5in drop I think), riding on stock struts and have NO camber kit in the back. The wheels don't look like they are off at all but my eyes can't be a good way to judge camber. So do you guys think that could be what I need, I plan on getting the RRE rear camber kit anyway, but...

Also, how do I know when the camber is correct, I can't keep taking it into the shop to have the alignment checked over and over and over again.

Coo'
1997 RS
AEM Cold Air Intake
B&M Short Shifter
Trust Shift Knob STOLEN
GReddy Shoulder Pads STOLEN
Trust EVO Exhaust
Front Upper Strut Bar
Rear Upper Strut Bar
H&R Sport Springs
AutoMeter A/F Ratio Gauge
Sony CDX610 ($400 Headunit) STOLEN
'tis it
3342, RE: Noise from rear suspension after lowering
Posted by daved, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I installed skunk2 coilovers in my car and had the same noise, sounds almost like a poping noise, it went away after a while its almost like the car had to get use to the new springs (atleast thats all i can figure out someone correct me if iam wront). As far as camber is concerned i would buy the camber kits i learned the hard way on that one. Never judge camber by eye, you can adjust your camber by eye to somewhat close but you should always have it double checked at the shop when ever you adjust something in the suspension.
I generated this page in 0.0095748901367188 seconds, executing 7 queries.