Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Rear Trailing Arm Question
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33348&mesg_id=33371
33371, RE: Rear Trailing Arm Question
Posted by electrohead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Well, I ordered my trailing arms and hardware yesterday. For haha's I went to a shop to get a quote on labor and was told it would cost $280 (without an alignment). They were trying to tell me it's a complicated process and it takes 2 hours per side, and that's a best case scenario. I called bullshit, asking how difficult is it to change a part that is easily reached and held together by two bolts. Within a couple of seconds( with a bit of stuttering and a look deer give right before they meet a speeding truck), the quote dropped to $240 (and the excuse was that he looked up the wrong info, even though he didn't go back on the computer a second time). So, needless to say, I'm changing my arms myself at a co-worker's house (air compressor and tools galore) and saving myself a heap of cash. All I'll have to spend is $70 for an alignment. I can live with that. It may be hot outside, but not hot enough to spend that kind of cash. :P
I generated this page in 0.0082659721374512 seconds, executing 6 queries.