Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectNitrogen? Or do these tires rock?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33276
33276, Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?
Posted by Fotowntalon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I guess more of a review than anything. I've been running Falken Azenis 615's in the front and some random no name crap in the back. Well my ride has turned to crap over lowered suspension and not getting a camber adjustment kit yet. Long story short, I moved the Azenis 615's to the back, and mounted some Azenis 615K's to the front.

The place I got these mounted charged me about $5 more a tire than I normally pay (old place went out of business). And my ride became x10s smoother. Have yet to really test out the grip to much but I am simply amazed. It is either this company balances tires way better than the last, the fact that they use Nitrogen to fill the tires, or the 615K's are that much superior, though I suspect a combination of all 3.

Has anyone had a noticeable change in there ride through just nitrogen or upgrading from 615 to 615K's?
33284, RE: Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?
Posted by Wes Tank, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
615k's are just better then what you had on them. Nitrogen wouldn't matter ride wise. Older tires dry out and harden with time. Old tires were probably out of balance as well.
33287, RE: Nitrogen? Or do these tires rock?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Wes Tank
615k's are just better then what you had on them. Nitrogen wouldn't matter ride wise. Older tires dry out and harden with time. Old tires were probably out of balance as well.

This.

No name tires tend to be much harsher, noisier and harder to balance. Getting them off the car and putting the nice freshly balanced Falkens on would make the biggest difference.

Nitrogen doesn't matter other than it has much less thermal expansion/contraction than standard air. It also doesn't leak past seals as easily. What this means is that you shouldn't need to check your tire pressure as often (but I still would)
I generated this page in 0.0083467960357666 seconds, executing 7 queries.