Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectSubframe bushing needs replace.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33232
33232, Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by eclipse RS-T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Correct me if im wrong, im pretty sure this is the subframe bushing or body bushing of some sort. My Chilton has no information on replacing it or how to take it apart. I sure i could replace it with out instructions though it would help with them. My car has been riding like sh!# for the past month or so, pulling both left and right at times. I finally found some thing that looks like the problem. Just wanna here your opinions.

Does anyone know the part number to these bushings or any aftermarket bushings. I really need to know if this is the subframe bushing or not before i order any thing.

Any help appreciated.
33233, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check this and reference what you need. If the parts are not available or too expensive, you can always cast your own urethane ones with a some raw urethane from McMaster. Check the Wiki, I believe Corbin has a write up to make your own motor mounts, but the same concept applies.

33234, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by TurbchargdSpydr, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CODE4
If the parts are not available or too expensive, you can always cast your own urethane ones with a some raw urethane from McMaster. http://2gnt.com/graphics/CODE4_front_subframe.pn g

***you can always cast your own urethane ones with some raw urethane from McMaster.

#jussayin lol
33235, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by eclipse RS-T, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If i cant find this bushing i just might have to make my own. Ive look online on ebay, google and a couple speed shops and cant find it. No oem or aftermarket subframe bushing. I found some for the GSX but no luck on the base model GS, RS.
33236, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
So what happened when you looked up the part number via dealer distributors?
33245, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by PsychO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
There is a guy on tooners that makes solid aluminum front sub frame bushings.

They're $180 for all 6.

I would verify that the subframes are the same from FWD 4g63 to 420a.

I need to replace mine also. I was going to pull a spare one from the yard, install the bushings and have it coated.
33246, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by eclipserstturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wouldn't those ride like crap though?

Last time I checked ebay they had a complete set of polyurethane bushings (energy suspension I think) for right around $200. Might as well do that and replace them all.
33247, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Subframe bushings are typically not a part of ES or Prothane kits.
33248, RE: Subframe bushing needs replace.
Posted by Black Cotton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
When I re built my car, dodge stated all those bushings were no longer avail. and I was only able to purchase 4 of the 6 from Mitsubishi.

I ended up buying aluminum stock and making my own own out of aluminum. It was liek 50 in material and some time. I have some pics of the finished product vs new OE. Ill post some up.
I generated this page in 0.009113073348999 seconds, executing 7 queries.