Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectAlignment issues
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33196&mesg_id=33196
33196, Alignment issues
Posted by eclipserstturbo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have a 95' Talon, currently lowered on dropzone 2" lowering springs on stock struts, 215/45-17s. I had the same setup on my eclipse. On the eclipse, my tires would last about a year to a year and a half. Bought some lowering springs from a guy already assembled on stock struts and started eating rear tires every 6 months on the talon. When I switched the dropzones to the talon, it's the same life on the tires, around 6 months.

I've noticed that I have a wierd clunk noise coming from the rear driver side on every bump. Car doesn't bottom out unless I hit one of virginia's many potholes. It's kind of faint, but even cruising down the interstate I can still hear it. I tried bouncing the back to see where the noise was coming from and it looks/ sounds like the upper strut cushion.

So, question is, would that cause my alignment to be that far off. I know my camber is really, really... really bad to begin with, which I plan on doing the rear camber mod to correct some of that, but I've been putting it off since that's my daily driver due to a clogged heater core on the turbo, and my free time is very limited.

To sum it all up, brand new rear driver tire is lasting around 3-4 months, rear passenger around 6 months, and the front two tires, around a year. I have to do the camber mod, but what else can I check that could make a faint clunk noise and cause me to eat tires more than twice as fast. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I generated this page in 0.0067839622497559 seconds, executing 6 queries.