Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Front end noise
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33100&mesg_id=33139
33139, RE: Front end noise
Posted by thakid22, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by austin14
I have been coming on this website for almost 6 months reading and learning. I bought my son a 98 talon esi last October, the car seemed to be in good condition but the ***hole I bought it from failed to mention that the upper control arm was about to fall off. I fixed that issue then it spun a bearing, I am in the process of building a low compression motor with stage 2 hahn turbo setup, I am planning on putting the motor in his car over his winter break. He came home the other day and the car has a noise coming from the driverside front end it sounds like its the strut squeeking but it makes the sound the whole time it is turning to the left and a little less when turning to the right. I know it is not the control arm problem because we cut out part of the stut tower and welded a new piece in. I am assuming it is the strut being blown because it didnt start until it got cold out. I am only asking Id hate to spend the money for suspension with the cost for the motor swap coming in a couple weeks.

Ball joints make a springy, scratchy noise if they are worn. Check out some youtube videos of bad joints to see if thats your problem.
I generated this page in 0.010818958282471 seconds, executing 6 queries.