Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectSurprisingly good deal at America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire)...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32944
32944, Surprisingly good deal at America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire)...
Posted by jazzkeys, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Howdy, y'all; I was shopping for new tires for my 1996 GS (second set of Goodyear Eagle GT II's were done at 125K miles). Whew; it's exhausting to select among the many tire options at the many local retailers here in SoCal. :(

I read that Goodyear was offering a $40.00 mail-in rebate on a purchase of four new tires, in my case the P205/55R16. I selected the Goodyear Eagle LS ("Luxury Sport," for what it's worth), mainly because of the reasonable price at $73 ea. Reviews that I found online were mixed, but I don't drive that fast, and don't need a high-perf tire. The Eagle LSs have been around for a few years, so I assume that Goodyear's worked the bugs out.

Eventually I got around to phoning the local America's Tire, and made an appointment. Gotta say that the shop exceeded my expectations (I insisted on a wheel-nut torque of 65 ft-lbs, as the owner's manual specifies, and they complied), especially when they advised that, for the NEXT THREE DAYS ONLY (Aug. 27-28), AmTire is also offering a $75 discount on the purchase and installation of four new tires.

So, for a net of <$275.00, I have four new Eagle LSs, and they're smooth and quiet, and made in the USA. Can't beat that with a stick, especially when money is so tight for so many. :D

Hope this helps. (I have no affiliation with America's Tire, or any other retailer, for that matter.)

André in SoCal.
32945, RE: Surprisingly good deal at America's Tire (a.k.a. Discount Tire)...
Posted by jazzkeys, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
By the way, if you're interested in the Goodyear Eagle LSs, here are the specs:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+LS
I generated this page in 0.011116027832031 seconds, executing 7 queries.