Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectWhere to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32834
32834, Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Posted by Cyexmaster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Want to get a set of D/S rotors (all 4 ) but I need the GSX kit becuase I am doing the brake conversion. Just wanted to know where I could get them for a low price..
32835, RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
NOT EBAY!

Honestly pick one. Drilled OR slotted. Most quality manufacturers will only do one or the other for safety purposes. All the drilled & slotted rotors that you see on ebay are crap that someone's bought the brand name and modified. Highly dangerous.
32838, RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
OK.... Nice advice, I will take it.

Which is best drilled or slotted?
32839, RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Pick one. Look at high end BMWs and Mercs - they typically have drilled rotors. Powerslots are great rotors for the money. Brembo blanks are even awesome quality.

As for a deal, search the damn Internet. You have been around long enough to know the usual vendors.

RRE, MachV, etc. Check Summitracing if you want Powerslots - they are usually hard to beat.
32841, RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Posted by Kayvin, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I donno about you guys but i plan on doing the EVO 8/9 Brembo swap. Theres a guy on DSMtuners selling brackets so that you can mount the huge brembo calipers on the front and the backs will just bolt right up. The evo rotors are also supposted to just slide right on also. Seems cheaper and easier then the usual JDM galant knuckle swap. Plus you get the sex appeal of Brembo brakes
32842, RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Thanxs for the help guys, I found a nice deal on all 4 rotors they where listed as drilled and slotted but you can choose if you want only 1 of the 2 options and they are also zinc plated. Yes they are knockoffs... but they cant be that bad can they? I will let you know how they turn out...
32843, RE: Where to get Drilled / Slotted rotors ?
Posted by bagged420a, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cyexmaster
Thanxs for the help guys, I found a nice deal on all 4 rotors they where listed as drilled and slotted but you can choose if you want only 1 of the 2 options and they are also zinc plated. Yes they are knockoffs... but they cant be that bad can they? I will let you know how they turn out...

LOL they can be that bad if your not carefull. It probably won't be fun having a rotor crack or break on you. Rotors I don't think is a place you want to risk having a potential problem.
I generated this page in 0.011373043060303 seconds, executing 7 queries.