Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectHelp with Energy suspension bushings...
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32828
32828, Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by Cyexmaster, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I got the kit from a member and it didnt have the instructions for the shock bushings...

I already did the control arms (front) it was tricky but so far looks good. I did have to eliminate the spacer for the lower control arms and even then the bushings did not fit in the space provided in the body.. So I had to trim the bushings to make them sit flush with the metal sleeve. I read a few post about this bushings and none said anything about trimming this bushings...

The shock bushings I am talking about are this ones..

Just want the diagram so I can install them properly... I will take on the rear part of the suspension on another weekend. That will be interesting..lol I am only worried about the big control arm bushing, seems like it will be the hardest to push in. It's weird that they made that one a solid piece versus the front lower one's that are 2 pieces....

Any heads up on installing this will help a lot..!
32829, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by adamzty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM

Those replace 41406B and 41406C.
32830, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
I'm guessing the big one replaces the 41406C and the smaller one replaces the 41406B, correct?
32831, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by mitsu95023, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cyexmaster
I'm guessing the big one replaces the 41406C and the smaller one replaces the 41406B, correct?

yes correct
32832, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings.

Terry
32833, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings. Terry

There was no way I could fit them in unless I had trimmed them...
32836, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings. Terry

That's why you use the press. It forces them into place. Welcome to strange rattle land.
32837, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
They where all the way in, there was NO way that would fit where it bolts on to the body not even if I used a press there was no more room for the bushing in the control arm...
32840, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by Ebster1085, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hundreds of people have used these bushings with success. Pretty sure they would have went in with a press. They are not meant to be trimmed.
32872, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I dont know how you can do the bushings, I took mine off because of the vibration. I hated it
32873, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Thats becuase your subframe has been pinched by tightening the bolts. you simply should have straightened the subframe ears.

Or i suppose your car is different than every other one out there?
33009, RE: Help with Energy suspension bushings...
Posted by thakid22, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon For the rear front arm you are going to have to use a press. You should not be trimming those bushings. Terry

A press will force them in at their current size.
I generated this page in 0.014675855636597 seconds, executing 7 queries.