Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectBrake lines
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32773
32773, Brake lines
Posted by scorpo86, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Could I use SS fuel lines for brake lines?
32774, RE: Brake lines
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
you are too vague. Are you referring to braided stainless AN lines? In that case yes if the line rated for high pressure. Braided AN line is not "fuel line" - most people only see it used there.

Get the appropriate adapters and some -3 AN line and do it. Usually more expensive than buying off the shelf braided lines though.
32776, RE: Brake lines
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I wouldn't do it. Braided brake hose isn't rated for the same chemicals as fuel line. It might hold the pressure but it probably won't last very long before it starts to rot from the inside.

If you're talking stainless hard line, go for it. Basically the same stuff.
32786, RE: Brake lines
Posted by John99RS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would probably just buy braided brake lines. I got mine from Road/Race way back. I think they still sell them.
32787, RE: Brake lines
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by John99RS
I would probably just buy braided brake lines. I got mine from Road/Race way back. I think they still sell them.

They do, thats where I bought mine.

Which GSX calipers do you have? I think you posted in another thread that you had GSX brakes.

Reason I ask is that you need to tell them whether they are 2g calipers or 1g calipers so they get you the right ones.
I generated this page in 0.010759830474854 seconds, executing 7 queries.