Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectrear struts.
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32734
32734, rear struts.
Posted by 420a_97talon_, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
hey, when i drive, and go over little bumps, my rear struts make a clank noise what could this be? the only thing i can think of are the upper strut mounts are worn. but, it only stared doing it after putting on coil overs?
32735, RE: rear struts.
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Could be bushings, the struts, or any other part of your suspension. Your new springs are displacing stress onto other components.

It is difficult to track down things such as this as visual inspections will not always reveal problems.
32736, RE: rear struts.
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
One quick visual check you can do is to look at the rear upper knuckle bushing. These tend to weaken over time and will actually sag toward the front of the car. If they are worn enough, they can hit the upper arm assembly and make a "clanking" noise. Just take a look and see if the upper knuckle is still centered where it meets the arm. If so, move on. If not, search for "rear knuckle bushing" and read up on how to fix it.
32740, RE: rear struts.
Posted by 420a_97talon_, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
ok, i fixed it. it was my upper strut mounts were bad, and they didnt have any bump stops. but it rides good now, thanks guys.
I generated this page in 0.010796070098877 seconds, executing 7 queries.