Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: Annoying Noises
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32691&mesg_id=32710
32710, RE: Annoying Noises
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RoninEclipse2G
Squealing while turning the wheel is usually a loose belt slipping on the pump, or a bad tensioner. Bad struts can cause tires to wear very unevenly which could cause thumping noises, or the strut could just be toast and the tire is actually bouncing as you drive down the road. Squeaking on bumps is indicative of worn sway bar bushings. Sounds like your suspension needs an overhaul.

I've done a comparison from autozone and cimotorsports. I notice at autozone site their's different sizes from ES brand price is about 20 bucks two day wait. Now from cimotorsports is cheaper 8.99 size 19mm front bar and 15mm rear bar by prothane.
The autozone energy suspension is abit more, wait is a two days and they have it red as to cimotorsports is cheaper only have it black and shipping could be longer.

I also did some searching(search)and information on the home page. Noticed I don't have a rear sway bar, my 2g is an 1998 rs as to my old 1997gs had rear swaybar. This fine to me, but which front sway bar bushing size should I use.

Where is exactly the adjuster to loose the tension on my power steering belt. I've replaced the one on my old 89 ciera is was simple, but I never had to adjust the tension on it.

I'm hoping the belt only needs losen abit and the pump is good. This would save me about 200 for a new one.

Powersteering fluid level was abit low when I bought the car.

I could it was female driven, lack of fluid check. Overall car runs great and drives on rails (hope this isnt due to bad hub/bearings).

Weather is clear good day to do some spring maintence.

I generated this page in 0.0099630355834961 seconds, executing 6 queries.