Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectVibration in front
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32455
32455, Vibration in front
Posted by mbenz910, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have searched this topic and found tons of people with shaking / vibrating problems, but none that matched my symptoms. Under acceleration I can hardly feel it. When I let off the gas and coast it gets pretty bad. When I put it in neutral, it completely goes away. I checked my CV joints and they all look good. I did replace my driver side axel probably 2 years ago. I did notice a small amount of play in and out on that axel. I had this same problem about 2 months ago and after doing a brake job it just went away. Any ideas? TIA.
32456, RE: Vibration in front
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
check your motor mounts. while the car is off, try rockn ur motor back and fourth. see if u can see/hear it that way.
32457, RE: Vibration in front
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Where do you feel the vibration?

and no crude answers from anyone else with dirty minds lol
32458, RE: Vibration in front
Not around the car now, but when I am I will check on the motor mounts.
It feels like it is coming from the driver's side wheel.
32459, RE: Vibration in front
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
+1 to Mikey on the mount. When the driveline is loaded, the mount may be in a bind where the vibration goes away. Under decel, the load changes and it may not be in a bind.
32460, RE: Vibration in front
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Check your suspension area on that side too along with the mount. With having the problem two months ago and doing a brake job and it fixed it makes me wonder if it might have something to do with either your wheel or your hub area. To rule out the wheel take it in for a balance, as they will be able to tell if it is warped or not. I'll also add to check your lug nuts just to be on the safe side. Having loose lug nuts can make cause a vibration in the front.
32461, RE: Vibration in front
Yeah I checked all the suspension components on that side when the problem came back. Everything seemed ok. I will have to take the wheel in to be balanced though. Lugs was the first thing that I thought of because I had that happen a few years back.
32481, RE: Vibration in front
Posted by ModifiedElement, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Did you ever find a solution on this? I too am having a similar problem. Under acceleration it is nice a smooth. At cruising or deceleration (especially between 30-40mph) the car vibrates pretty rough. Lug nuts checked first... I thought it was maybe out of alignment... I just had new tires put on, balanced, and got an alignment so I know its not the wheels because the problem persists. I also will have to check the motor mounts. Please post if you found a solution. :)
32495, RE: Vibration in front
Posted by badasshorne1, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i am havin a very similar problem as well. If anyone finds something out let us no thanks.
I generated this page in 0.0090100765228271 seconds, executing 7 queries.