Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subject2G Rear Subframe bushings
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32404
32404, 2G Rear Subframe bushings
Posted by whtclipse98, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I found this on dsmtuners today and thought many would be interested in them. Just follow the link. RRE is making them but the supply is very limited right now

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/vendor-announcements/341618-2g-rear-subframe-bushings.html
32405, RE: 2G Rear Subframe bushings
Posted by Nightfall, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Damn those are pretty sweet, although they're already sold out lol! I'm definetly going to get a set when they have some more, I have noticed some clunking noises coming from the rear of my car lately.
32406, RE: 2G Rear Subframe bushings
Supposedly they are better than the solid aluminum ones because they aren't supposed to transfer noise. I stumbled on it this morning when I visited dsmtuners.com. I'm getting a set also when they have more available.
32407, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
If you read the whole thread, they are differential bushings, not subframe. They are for AWD platform.
32408, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by Nightfall, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Oh, well I was a little tipsy last night lol! Guess I'll just have to get a differential now so I can still get some :P
32409, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Here is a install pic. I don't see why these won't work in our subframes. Maybe we should do some measuring to find out.

32410, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
nice. you have a will to succeed. keep us posted.
32411, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by freelancefool, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by whtclipse98
Here is a install pic. I don't see why these won't work in our subframes. Maybe we should do some measuring to find out.

Because last time I checked, a 2gnt didn't have a rear differential that they would support.
32412, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by teklein, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by freelancefool
Originally posted by whtclipse98 Here is a install pic. I don't see why these won't work in our subframes. Maybe we should do some measuring to find out.
Because last time I checked, a 2gnt didn't have a rear differential that they would support.

Dood, this is news to me.

:P
32415, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Yes it does too, I know it does....somewhere. I've seen it.

But seriously, I know it doesn't have a rear differential. But the rear subframe does bolt up.
32416, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by dalesmitsu, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by whtclipse98
Yes it does too, I know it does....somewhere. I've seen it. But seriously, I know it doesn't have a rear differential. But the rear subframe does bolt up.

Hows this compared to the energy suspension full master kit.

Would it fit on the front subframe where I jack my 2g up. I notice there's bushings and they look like they need replaced.
32423, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Originally posted by dalesmitsu
Originally posted by whtclipse98 Yes it does too, I know it does....somewhere. I've seen it. But seriously, I know it doesn't have a rear differential. But the rear subframe does bolt up.
Hows this compared to the energy suspension full master kit. Would it fit on the front subframe where I jack my 2g up. I notice there's bushings and they look like they need replaced.

They go in the rear subframe and hold a rear differential. Doesn't matter if the subframe fits or not. You won't be able to use them. It doesn't compare to the ES master kit because the master kit is for suspension parts and doesn't include parts for mounting the rear differential.
32437, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
Posted by Black Cotton, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
the 2g rear subframe doesnt use subframe bushings, the actual frame uses 4 nuts onto studs that are factory welded to the unibody.

the front uses 6 frame bushings, none are avail. for us however.

i made my own solid aluminum front subframe bushings however.

ES's master bushing kit replaces just the main suspension bushings however leaves out the 4 inner bushings on the rear lower and rear toe arms.

and the front replaces all the bushings except the inboard frame side bushing on the compression arm and the strut fork bushing on the lower lateral arm.
32438, RE: 2G Rear differential bushings - not SUBFRAME
The Prothane kit replaces all of the suspension bushings except for the inboard compression arm bushing (this needs to be rubber as it twists in a way that would destroy polyurethane).

It however does not have any subframe bushings.
I generated this page in 0.018944978713989 seconds, executing 7 queries.