Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjecthelp plz i dont know
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32131
32131, help plz i dont know
Posted by slicknick101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
im kinda new to this really never happend to me before

i have a 1995 eclipse rs and like 2 months ago ive been hearing like thumping/clicking noise when i start braking around 40mph-0mph

dont know what is causing this but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions plz tell me anything helps ... and oh yea its coming from the rear passenger side drum mostly.
32132, RE: help plz i dont know
Posted by Fallen4ng31, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
First off, welcome to the board. Second, You'll need to use real words, and proper grammar. So, don't post something like: "Needz hlp plz!!!1 Wat is wrong wit my whip y0?" Doing this will ensure that you receive the helpful responses you're looking for.

That said, How old are the drums? When was the last time they were replaced? Is there a pull in a certain direction when you are braking?
What is your suspesion set up? Etc...

There more info you can give us, the faster we can help you pin-point your problem, or at least, point you in the direction of a solution.
32133, RE: help plz i dont know
Posted by 420agreenvilleSC, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
watz wronn wit my wipp y0?
32134, RE: help plz i dont know
Posted by CODE4, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by slicknick101
im kinda new to this really never happend to me before i have a 1995 eclipse rs and like 2 months ago ive been hearing like thumping/clicking noise when i start braking around 40mph-0mph dont know what is causing this but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions plz tell me anything helps ... and oh yea its coming from the rear passenger side drum mostly.

This is something that we can only speculate at. Jack up the suspect corner. Have someone lightly ride the brake pedal while you spin the wheel assembly. Does it make noise? Does the noise correspond to every revolution of the wheel assembly? If so then disassemble and inspect. If not move on to a different corner.

It is a simple process of elimination. If you are afraid to tear into it then perhaps this is not the hobby for you. Get your hands dirty.
32135, RE: help plz i dont know
Posted by Nemo, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
+1
broken spring I suspect-shoe thump
32149, RE: help plz i dont know
Posted by slicknick101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i got that taken care of. thanks
32150, RE: help plz i dont know
Posted by bullettdsm, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by slicknick101
i got that taken care of. thanks

For the sake of future searchers (of which I am one), you might want to post up what was broken/fixed

I generated this page in 0.011286973953247 seconds, executing 7 queries.