Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: how so cheap
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32078&mesg_id=32718
32718, RE: how so cheap
Posted by megaskillz, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by electrohead
When my front end (as well as the rear) was going, I bit the bullet and went to the dealership for everything. It might cost an arm and a leg ( I keep all my reciepts), but quality isn`t something that should be compromised. I`ve already put over 90k miles on my replaced suspension components with no problems. I`ve even had a spinout on the highway in a bad rainstorm that sent me off the road backwards, tearing up the grass on the embankment for a good distance. I restarted my car and went right to a shop to make sure my car was ok and everything was good. Never choose `cheaper` over `better.`

I agree with electro. Never choose cheaper over better. I wish I had the funds to replace my whole suspension with dealer parts. I have 2 degrees negative camber in the rear with stock suspension. I could get a rear camber kit to temporarily fix the problem, but in the future I want to lower it which is gonna give me more problems. The dealer is the only place I've found that sells oem replacement parts for the rear so I dont have much choice. As for the front suspension if you are replacing your control arms from the dealer pay close attention to the locking nuts after 50k miles or so. Unfortunately they are known to break. One of mine broke off causing the control arm to fall and snapping my axle. Luckily I was accelerating from a stop when it happened. A friend of mine had a gst and the same thing happened to him.
I generated this page in 0.0092670917510986 seconds, executing 6 queries.