Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectRE: how so cheap
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=32078&mesg_id=32682
32682, RE: how so cheap
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Star Turbo Talon
Some people on Ebay buy the parts in bulk quantity and sell them cheaper. Some are also selling the same quality parts at resale cost or 10% above cost to make thier sales quota with a particular vendor. I recall from when I was in the shop that some parts have a 200% markup on them. I remember one Alternator I did where our cost on the unit was 80.00 and the MSRP was just under 400.00. Its not always that the parts are lower quality. Terry

Very true, that's why you have to look for name brand parts on ebay. Usually they are very close to cost and the seller is just trying to keep up their quotas (or hoping for high volume of sales to even things out) I've purchased many sets of KYB struts on ebay for around HALF of what average retail is before shipping costs. However, I have yet to see any of the balljoints and control arms carrying a name brand that I recognize or trust

It is necessary to be wary of certain parts that are known to be common counterfit items on ebay. I would NEVER purchase any spring set on ebay. Ever.
I generated this page in 0.0078830718994141 seconds, executing 6 queries.