Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectPowerslot big brake upgrade
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31866
31866, Powerslot big brake upgrade
Posted by halfasss101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys, I'm debating on the GSX brake swap or the powerslot brake upgrade. The GSX swap may be a little cheaper, but they are hard to find in my neck of the woods. I searched for it but only came up with just the rotors and not the kit with caliper relocation brackets. The powerslot rotor is about 1.75 inches larger than the stock rotor but the real question is, is the crappy single piston stock caliper going to do what i want it to with the larger rotor?
Thanks
31867, RE: Powerslot big brake upgrade
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I have the GSX big brake upgrade made by aem(sold to powerslot) and I recommend you do that kit. You will still need to get the gsx calipers.
31868, RE: Powerslot big brake upgrade
Posted by DirtMegirt, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by halfasss101
caliper relocation brackets

IIRC you don't need relocation brackets for the GSX calipers. When I did the swap, I believe the new caliper bolted right up to the existing mount, it just extends further out to accomodate the larger rotor. I have a 95 GS FWIW. The best of both worlds would be to buy the GSX calipers like STT said, and buy the Powerslot Plus kit that comes with larger rotors and relocation brackets. That is the setup that I have and it's butter. Wish I had done it all at once instead of the GSX swap in '05 and the powerslots in '08!
31870, RE: Powerslot big brake upgrade
Posted by halfasss101, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
That sounds even better. I found some gsx calipers on ebay, maybe i'll buy them tomorrow since those are the only ones that i found. A couple others were on there but they aren't dual piston like the gsx should be. Only a hundred bucks for them plus shipping. Not bad since they are new. I'm more of a new person anyway, don't really like buying used. Thanks for the advice. I think that'll be the route i'm going to take. ;)
I generated this page in 0.0077250003814697 seconds, executing 7 queries.