Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectPower Steering On and Off?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31758&mesg_id=31758
31758, Power Steering On and Off?
Posted by Shadow2877, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey guys,

Recently I just got my new powersteering pump installed and I have been loving it but today I ran into a problem. I live here in Texas so it constantly gets to 95+ degrees out here and Im always running around with the AC on. Today it was a little humid so I turned the air conditioning on. The air that was comming out wasnt as cool as I liked it to be, so I pushed the little Snowflake button next to the AC controls and found a remarkable difference in the tempature of the air that came threw the vents.

When I push that button though, my idle drops about 100 rpms and my power steering cuts in and out. The moment I turn the little snowflake button off the power steering cuts back in perfectly and I am able to drive no problem at all but the moment I push it again, the air gets noticeably colder but the power steering pump begins to act up to. . . .

EDIT: I dont know if this will help anyone but I forgot to mention when I push the snowflake button a green light comes on and it flashes on and off over and over again as I move the steering wheel side to side. But if the car is off and I push the button or I start the car and dont move the steering wheel anywhere the light just stays green. Could this mean something is going or is out?

Any suggestions?
-Cody
I generated this page in 0.0076830387115479 seconds, executing 6 queries.