Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectStrut Bars
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31644
31644, Strut Bars
Posted by , Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Hey I was thinking of getting some strutbars and was wondering if the brand really matters or not. Are the ebay ones just as good as the name brands? Also, I heard that on some hatchbacks the rear struts goes on the back winshield and blocks our rearview, is it the same with the Eclipse? If so, is it really neccessary to get both the fronts and rear struts or is getting hte front ones good enough? And does it really improve our cornering that much?
31645, RE: Strut Bars
Posted by Dirty, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wrong section dude, but I have all 4 points braced on my car so to answer your question, no, it won't be a problem, but you don't have to do both of them. When you hook it up though, just make sure the bar is adjusted so each mount kinda pushes on the other. Hope this helps.
31646, RE: Strut Bars
Posted by DR1665, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I think for the average joe, like us, it doesn't matter about brand. You may want to pay a little more if the front bar doesn't block the oil cap or rub on the hood over that side, but they should do about the same thing. They're basically just aluminum bars, ya know?

I have a generic STB up front that I got for $35 new. I think they're one of those mods that will see better gains the more advanced your level of tune. i.e.; I have one, but with my 70R14 tires, I doubt it does much considering all my sidewall flex. If you have urethane bushings, upgraded sway bars, uprgaded struts/springs and nice performance tires you would probably notice a change.

If you find a cheap one, I would still suggest buying it, if nothing else it's practical and looks good. :P
31647, RE: Strut Bars
Posted by ughhhead, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
strut bars are a good example of the simple phrase... "you get what you pay for".
31648, RE: Strut Bars
Posted by cream420, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
i definatly suggest strut tower braces-- for the cost its an excellent suspension upgrade- you should notice a difference the moment you take your first turn- structural integrity is key when getting involved in tuning suspension- with less body flex your changes to suspension become more noticable. when accompanied by coilover setup and adjustable dampning, your changes will be more consistant and fine tuning easier.
and to answer the question of will it block your rear view- no it wont
they run straight across in the rear, from shock tower to shocktower
you can get anodized aluminum bars, polished bars or carbonfiber bars.

Kareem
I generated this page in 0.010942220687866 seconds, executing 7 queries.