Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectDisc Conversion with 90 GSX calipers / 1g vs 2g GSX
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31532
31532, Disc Conversion with 90 GSX calipers / 1g vs 2g GSX
Posted by AzLuke, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I picked up 1990 GSX calipers today for $30.

I just have a few questions. I have searched but could not find the answers.

1. Are the 1g and 2g front gsx calipers the same size?
- I did not think so, but not sure.

2. Will the 90 gsx calipers bolt up on the rear instead of the drums on a 1996 rs?

3. Are the 1990 gsx calipers any better than the facory rs ones?

4. Has anyone upgraded to the gsx calipers in the front and moved the front ones to the back to replace the drums ? Could this be done? Is it worth while?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was covered and I missed it in the search.
31533, RE: Disc Conversion with 90 GSX calipers / 1g vs 2g GSX
Posted by PsychO, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by AzLuke
I picked up 1990 GSX calipers today for $30. I just have a few questions. I have searched but could not find the answers. 1. Are the 1g and 2g front gsx calipers the same size? - I did not think so, but not sure. 2. Will the 90 gsx calipers bolt up on the rear instead of the drums on a 1996 rs? 3. Are the 1990 gsx calipers any better than the facory rs ones? 4. Has anyone upgraded to the gsx calipers in the front and moved the front ones to the back to replace the drums ? Could this be done? Is it worth while? Thanks in advance and sorry if this was covered and I missed it in the search.

1. Dimension wise? Maybe.

2. No. They will not.

3. Maybe, but they won't work. Better off using 95-99 GSX calipers. Direct bolt on.

4. No. That is not possible.
31541, RE: Disc Conversion with 90 GSX calipers / 1g vs 2g GSX
Posted by Star Turbo Talon, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
You can use the early GSx caliper as long as you purchase the stainless lines from RRE.

The 1G dual piston uses a screw in brake line fitting and the 2g uses a banjo fitting.

Both are just as easy to "bolt Up" one just needs brake lines and one doesnt. If you dont have stainless brake lines now and want a set, either is a perfect option for you.

If you already have a braided brake lines then the 2g GSX caliperis your best choice.
I generated this page in 0.0091030597686768 seconds, executing 7 queries.