Go back to previous topic
Forum nameHandling/Suspension
Topic subjectKYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Topic URLhttp://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=31207
31207, KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by rettez, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
What's up guys, well, my suspenssion require a lot of love lol
So, i want buy the KYB GR2 shock absorbers front & rear, and drop my car, but, i don't know... the eBay springs, works fine?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blue-Lower-Springs-Spring-Mits-Eclipse-95-96-97-98-99_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33633QQihZ011QQitemZ320229738297QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

and TEIN in 145 dlls, little expensive :)

i see the eBay coilovers, but, it works on OEM's shocks ?

thanks guys

i'm sorry by the lot of question, cheers!
31209, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by DytDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Whatever you do DO NOT go with ebay coilovers or cheap springs. If you dont have the money for good stuff wait until you do. The gr-2s are fine, a little better than stock from what i understand, but cheap ebay coilovers will give a terrible ride quality and possibly blow your struts. Definitly worth the wait to get quality springs.
31213, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DytDSM
Whatever you do DO NOT go with ebay coilovers or cheap springs. If you dont have the money for good stuff wait until you do. The gr-2s are fine, a little better than stock from what i understand, but cheap ebay coilovers will give a terrible ride quality and possibly blow your struts. Definitly worth the wait to get quality springs.

+1

cheap ebay springs are just that, CHEAP. they aren't wound for specific rates, just sizing. they will make your car ride like crap and they eventually sag making your ride height all screwy because one spring will sag worse than the rest and throw off your alignment...

I could go on.

save a few extra bucks and buy a good set of springs
31217, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by goalie40, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I might have a set of eibach springs pm me if you want them. we can work out a deal
31218, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
thanks for the replies guys, i bought the steering gear rack & pinnion because it begin to make rare sounds (tac tac) and i have to replace jeje.

KYB & springs will have to wait

KYB gr-2 and TEIN springs are good combination?
or the kit of Tokico springs&shocks?

Greetins !
31219, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by DytDSM, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I would go with the tokico set up, Thats what i have and im pretty happy with them. If your going to get the tein springs from ebay be careful, i have read that alot of them are copies and will crap out fast.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=29066&mode=full
31223, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(, and, the set of tokico? is genuine?? :(
31226, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by RoninEclipse2G, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Originally posted by rettez
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( and, the set of tokico? is genuine?? :(

Usually. springs are much easier to manufacture and therefore easier to counterfeit. I've gotten several sets of shocks/struts on ebay and everything checked out as original.
31227, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by 2GeclipseRS, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
The knock off teins are green but have a sticker instead of a printed logo.
31228, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by shiano, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Tein even gives tips on how to spot the fake ones on their website.
31230, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by Talsition, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Wow crazy stuff I am doing this exact setup within the week KYB GR2 struts w/Tein S springs. I was just going to run the springs on my struts that are on my car now, unknown, until summer. This way I could save for some Tokico struts. But go to take my struts off yesterday and on one of them the top nut is frozen and wont turn. ended up just saying fuck it and using a vice grip to remove the damn thing and strip the treads. So I went out and bought two front KYB GR2's. I hope the ride wont be to bad with them. Funny thing is my damn axle just broke off when I was taking off my strut so new axle for me too :), lucky me...
31231, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by totaleclipse_05, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
Do not buy GR-2 struts if you are planning on lowering the car, they are stock-replacement struts and can not handle lowering and will blow out quickly. If you are looking for a cheap strut that will work good with lowering springs, look into Tokico HP's or KYB AGX's. I use the HP's and they have been working great for almost 3 years now. Lasted a year and a half with sportlines and now I'm on the pro-kit springs with the same struts.
31260, RE: KYB Shocks and eBay Springs?
Posted by ramsey95ESi, Dec-31-69 06:00 PM
I agree with DytDSM ive ridden in his car and they are flawless! Ill be getting me some of those asap. On the other hand... yes the ebays are ebays. Nothing good can come from those.

They say "theres a price for looking beautiful"

We just trust you to make the right decision. :)

2gnt (period)
I generated this page in 0.010396957397461 seconds, executing 7 queries.